Sunday, January 2, 2011

half assed: Tutorial on using a site specific URL for your challenge tiles

Hey all!

I'm pretty excited about the great turn out for the two challenges.  I am going to try to keep better track of the links on the Linkey machine, editing out the ones that don't work and the doubles and the ones that lead to no where.  So, it's important that you give the site specific URL for your tile. 

BUT DON'T WORRY! i'm here to help you find out how to do that, if you're not sure.  (This is basically going to apply to those people using Blogger, sorry).

Your website/blog address (click to enlarge)

Click to enlarge

There it is!! Click to Enlarge

You should always use the Site Specific URL when adding your name to the linkey machine.  For a few reasons

1. So that i can readily find your challenge... if you posted your challenge on monday, but i don't get around to doing the round up until friday, you may have posted 3-4 more entries on your blog in that time. 

2.  you want others who visit your blog to be able to see the work you did and not get lost on the home page.

3. another reason that i can't think of.  It's just important, okay?? ;)

Thank you for joining me for my very first half assed tutorial.  ass you were.  tee hee hee.

9 comments:

  1. Well done! Now can you tell me how to do the "click to enlarge" thing with photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... great tutorial, Laura! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In agreement with Kit (previous post) - this is an amusing post and cleverly done! A happy way to start the day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent Laura...if only I had read this earlier LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I sign-up/enter a second time will you cancel the wrong entry?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much. Well done! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the children are better today. I checked the url on my blog, and it does not say anything about a specific post. It just has "www. my name.blogspot.com" Do I just put extra info at the end of the URL myself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the great tutorial...I only hope that I have done the linky thingy right..not sure how to "link back to you"?? I love your site and the great following that you have...Again I thank you and look forward to all the info and eye-candy I find here each day !!!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!