Monday, March 21, 2011

Half-Assed Tutorial: How to add the Diva Button to your sidebar (Blogger Only)

I was asked to provide a tutorial on adding my Challenge Button (on the sidebar on the right) to a blog.

I will try to help out as much as i can.

There are Two options - the first one, you can copy the code for the button and paste it into your actual blog post.  Then the button will only appear on the posts that you want it to appear on.  This, i think, is pretty self explanatory... Copy Code, Open post... write post, paste code, hit publish... voila!

If you want to add it directly to your sidebar (*my personal favourite option, wink*) here's what you do.

First: Copy the code.
Click to Enlarge

You can find the code on the right sidebar of this blog.

Second: Open your blog's design page, and click on "Add a Gadget" where you'd like the button to go.
Click to Enlarge

tah dah!

Third: when the gadget pop up box appears, scroll down to HTML/Javascript box.
Click to Enlarge

see?

Fourth: A box will appear for you to paste the copied code into.
Click to Enlarge

voila!

Once you've added the code box, you can move it around your design by clicking and dragging, as with any of the design elements on your blog.

I hope this has been helpful.

9 comments:

  1. Groovy, Laura. Very clear. (P.S. I'm always happy to do "watch how easy this is" screen-capture YouTube vids for this kind of thing if you want more in the future... like the ones I did for Z-Flick. Don't feel you have to do *all* the work!) *hugs* K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was following your instructions, but it did not work for me. I will try again later. I had tried everything I could think of and still could not do it. So I appreciate you posting the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DID IT!!!!!
    I DID IT!!!
    I am so excited!!!
    Thank you! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had been standing, I would probably have jumped for joy!!! did you ever see a seventy year-old woman jump for joy??? I do not think that would have been good---bladder problems.Uth Oh! tmif.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial. I had been trying to include the button on my blog (http://findingmelosingme.blogspot.com/) without success, but your tutorial explained it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaahhaha I've been trying to figure that out for ages and had given it up as a bad job! Thanks for the lesson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it! Thank you Laura, for your clear instructions. This has been driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was doing everything correctly, then I re-read things slowly and carefully, did it step by step exactly and to my surprise got the button now on my blog. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's done! Thanks! This was easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!