Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly Challenge #13 Non-Dominatrix Slideshow



As i suspected, there was a mixed reaction to this challenge.  Some of you embraced the wild and crazy lack of control - others really had a difficult time and were overly critical of themselves.  Remember, this challenge was not about *art*, but about stretching out of our comfort zones.  We often become so perfectionist that simple exercises like this become more complicated than they really are.  So, keep that in mind and remember that because i wouldn't be surprised if this challenge resurfaces at some point.  ;)

If your tile is missing from the slideshow and you submitted it by the saturday night deadline, just pop me a line and let me know.  I may have missed it in the download/upload process - or if you have a Flickr account with downloads disabled, i wasn't able to get it.

11 comments:

  1. The slides in the show are amazing and fun. I found that my dom hand was more creative the rest of the week. It was pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how brilliant we all are! :)
    Interestingly...after using my left hand, i had that unbalanced feeling I get from yoga where we've only concentrated on one side for a while and immediately felt the need to tangle with my right hand as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My the show is getting big, Hope you can keep up. Thanks I learnd so much from using my Non-dom hand. My bran loved the change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG: You used Mister potato-head too! LOL

    I just posted that one for a laugh :)

    Thanks for the slideshow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoy the slideshow so many amazing tiles and other pictures great and brave work everyone. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the line quality produced by the non-dominant hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this challenge, it was really a stretch, but I found myself wanting to create more like this just to push my left hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm left handed when I draw or write and it was tough using my right hand, but I managed (didn't cheat, although I caught myself picking up a different pen with my left hand and quickly put the pen in my right hand when I was ready to draw. The only small critique towards myself is how tough it was draw a straight edge when I fill in an area with a solid black or color if you look at the cross-traffic tangle pattern (that looks like the brittanian flag). It was still fun, but it took me almost twice as long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool to look at everyones submissions… I really do enjoy seeing all the variations in line with the non-dominant hand. Now for straight lines for this week's challenge! Bring it on… Woo-Hoo! Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found it exhausting but after it was done my head felt clearer. So, the exercise was uncomfortable but I will do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry I missed this one!! I have been out of touch for about 10 days and didn't get the word! I am amazed...all you talented people..wonderful work..right or left-handed!!!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!