First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials" (<--more to come)
- if you haven't seen the slideshow for Week #13 - you can see it here
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
|Most adorable baby|
This means, however, that i've been awake since 5 am today - to feed a very hungry baby. Chewie got up shortly after and we were off! In full swing ever since, until Chewie was tucked away for bedtime. (in case you're wondering, i write these posts on Sunday night and then post them Monday morning)... in an effort to preserve sanity, we will just jump straight into it.
What's on the docket for this week?
This week, we're going linear.
Challenge #14: "I Walk The Line"
In this week's challenge - create a tile or Zentangle® inspired piece using ONLY STRAIGHT LINES.
I started with dots, border, string - like i normally do, but i had to make a conscious effort to create my string using only straight lines.
|Walkin' the Line|
The tangles were tricky, because i'm drawn to the curvy lines - the circles, the curlicues...
Instead of only doing gridbased tangles, i tried to do a few of the curvier tangles that i normally do, but to do them with straight lines - like Flux in the bottom left corner, or Drupe on the right, or Crescent Moon (above Flux). These three are tangles i use regularly, but in Tangleation form.
tan-gle-a-tion (tan-gəl-ā-shən) noun
1. A noticeable variation of an existing tangle.
I will definitely take a crack at this one again sometime.
What will you create this week?
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(