First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to 4 per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 4 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 4 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 4 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
Ooodelaly, it's been a hectic week at Casa Diva. Artoo has been sick with a killer cold for over 10 days... just a lot of mucous and coughing, poor little dude. Due to his cold, and the post nasal drip, it was difficult to breathe while sleeping on his back. I spent a lot of very uncomfortable nights on the couch sleeping with him on my chest. Well, *sleeping* is kind of a strong word. Dozing was more like it. And really, this wouldn't have been a problem if i didn't have to be up and functioning when the 2 year old gets up at 7 am.
Tired and cranky, was I.
|Beautiful Blue Eyed Babe|
Luckily, though, he seems to be on the mend. It seems like this kid is CONSTANTLY sick. sigh. Such is the life of a preemie baby. They get all the bugs and they get 'em hard.
ANYHOO - Next weekend is Easter and something i hope to do this week with Chewie (the 2 year old) is to decorate some eggs. We tried it out last year, but he lost interest pretty fast and when i had my whole family over for Easter dinner we discovered that no one really likes hard boiled eggs except for me and B-rad. Ah well, lesson learned. But this year Chewie's a little bit older and a little more interested in crafty things. atta' boy.
Weekly Challenge #18 - EGGZZZZellent
I don't know if you know this, but... eggs.... are beautiful for Zentangling. Tricky, though, with all the curved surfaces. So, i did my EGG on a Zentangle® tile. (i'll try my hand at a REAL egg later this week, most likely)
But until then, here's my submission:
|click to enlarge|
Okay, so - eggs... they are hard to draw. ;) I mean, i suppose i could have found some kind of template to use, but i free handed it. Cuz that's how i roll, and also - i'm lazy.
As i was working on my tile, my amazingly sexy husband had to keep reminding me: "It's about the process, not the product" - it's kinda frustrating when he throws my own words back at me. ah well, he's right though. I was frustrated from the get-go. I was saying things like: This looks terrible, my lines are all over the place, argh, i don't like it....
But - i kept at it. I finished it. I decided to give up the control of making it look 'pretty' and relaxed into the lines, and you know what? i really quite like it, and i'm very happy that i didn't junk it and start over, like i was tempted to.
So. Eggs. Quick, affordable, versatile, they help brain development, improve concentration and are convenient. Just like Zentangle! Coincidence? Maybe. ;) They also symbolize many things - new beginnings, possibilities, life...
|image via basketsampler|
NOT TO MENTION Pysanky - the art of Ukrainian Easter Eggs. This whole artform just screams ZENTANGLE!!! don't you think?? check this site out for some neat tangles and ideas
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(