First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 2 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 2 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
Can you believe it? This is the TWENTIETH Weekly challenge!! This calls for a Celebration!! And isn't that thoughtful of their Royal Highness's to celebrate my twentieth challenge by giving us all such a LUSCIOUS FEAST for the eyes??
I did NOT stay up all night to watch the wedding, because i value what little sleep i get. but i did watch it the next morning.
i'm not much of a Royalist, as some Canadians are, but who could deny the Fairy Tale Romance of a commoner marrying her Prince Charming.
When Charles and Diana were married i was only 1 - so i don't remember so much about that day... but thanks to cable i got to see clips of it for the whole week leading up to the big day.... One things for sure, you can TELL that William and Kate are in loooooooooove....
Can i just say that was the longest wedding aisle ever?
I have never had the fortune of walking around in Westminster Abbey, but luckily for me - the televised Wedding gave us all kinds of close ups and angles of amazing views complete with all sorts of tangles, from the most obvious Knightsbridge on the floor to Poke Root on the lapel Princess Catherine's brother.
And not to mention all the crazy hats.
there were some cah-RAY-zee hats.
Some of the highlights for me were when William was making his way to the alter to await his bride, and you can see him suppress his nervous smile... his posture is perfect as always, but he clenches and unclenches his fists as he walks and gives away how excited/nervous he really is.
Another favourite moment is when Kate arrives and he looks at her and says: "You look beautiful" followed shortly after by him saying to Kate's dad: "This was supposed to be a small family affair, sorry" cheeky!
Can you imagine being Kate's mom or dad in that moment... what is going through their head? "My daughter will someday be my Queen?"
It really was quite amazing.... A lovely day, a romantic tale, a gorgeous dress, a handsome prince, a beautiful princess... what an historic event.
And now, let's tangle!!
Weekly Challenge #20: "Royal Wedding"
Take from this whatever inspiration comes to you. There are more than enough patterns in West Minster Abbey, to be sure. There's the lace of the Princess's sleeves, the braid on Prince Harry's uniform, the flowers, the archways... the possibilities are endless.
If you've been under a rock and didn't see any of the coverage of the Royal Wedding, you can see it here on Youtube - this link is the Royal Channel's online broadcast of the wedding in it's entirety, just over an hour or so...
or, if you need some more inspriation you can check out this slideshow of stills that i took from the Wedding feed.
And in a Diva Weekly challenge FIRST - i will be submitting MY entry later this week... i really want to see what you all come up with... and also, my tile's not done. (Shame on me!)
Bring on the Royal Tangles!
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(