Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekly Challenge #21

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies.  I hope to have it up and running soon!!
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per  challenge.  (This  doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no  noooo, it just  means that i will only download 2 entries for the  slideshow, of which i  will download the first 2 presented to the  challenge.  i hope that makes  sense, somewhat.)
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!

Another busy week at Chez Diva - Our little Artoo landed himself a three day stay at the all inclusive resort known as The Royal University Hospital.  It seems the poor kid can't seem to catch a break.  He seriously needs to learn how to have a cold without requiring oxygen.  He doesn't handle any type of extra mucous very well because of the Moebius Syndrome.   Colds really bowl him over.

Artoo is a pro at Nebulizers
Every time we go there i think the same thing: "i'm glad that hospitals exist, but they REALLY suck." at least this time around we had a private room with an actual window that got sunlight!

Artoo sleeps wit da fishes
Everyone's home now, Artoo's still got a pretty nasty cough and he passed that cold on to me so i spent the last few days of the week miserable with runny nose, sore throat, cough, sneezes...

Things are getting back to normal though. 

I had a wonderful Mother's Day - B-rad got up with the boys so i could sleep in... cue the choir of angels...  Chewie woke me up this morning with a card and a cuddle and i came downstairs to find bacon and eggs with toast and orange juice and fresh coffee!  Chewie gave me the craft that he made at his new daycare - then all four of us went for a walk.  It was beautiful and sunny and very very windy.  We took B-rad's kite out for a spin and it was pulling so hard i almost flew away! i kid you not!  it was fun.

Let's Go Fly a Kite!
We got a new stroller that will make taking both kids out for walks much easier!  We hope to make some use out of it, hopefully the nice weather holds out... at least until Thursday.... it's my 31st birthday!  (had to throw it in there!)

Okay, on to the Challenge!!


Weekly Challenge #21 - New Official Tangle "Oof"

This weekend Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas came out with a new official tangle "Oof" in the new Newsletter.  Click the link for instructions!  You can also subscribe to the Zentangle Newsletter here

I've said before that i love a new tangle for the weekly challenge - it's a great way for everyone to get acquainted with a new pattern, and to share the tangleations that come from them!

This week, create a Zentangle tile or Zentangle Inspired piece using the new Official tangle "Oof"

Here's mine:
New Tangle "Oof" in the top right corner
I can't wait to see where "Oof" will take you!

the fine print:


If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(

28 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice mother's day. Sorry to hear about the little guy's rough week. As usual, loved the story. Nice work on the tangle, too. And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted that everyone is home and well and you had a pleasant Mother's Day. Darned if Artoo isn't cute as a button even hiding behind a Nebulizer! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIck's new tangle OOF reminds me of your background pattern here on this blogsite! (is that a word? I am so not techy savvy).... love to artoo and the bunch .M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with Oof this weekend and was excited to be able to create more using its wonderful style. I love your tile Laura! Oh and Maria I was thinking the same thing when I opened up Laura's site this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit that this isn't my favorite tangle. Too ornate, too...something. And that's what makes it PERFECT for this challenge! Take me outside my comfort zone. Just in time for the CZT6 workshop this weekend where I expect my comfort zone to be stretched and twisted in ways I never thought possible. Yeeee-hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Laura, I hope you get a chance to have a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your little one is feeling better. And Happy Birthday to you!
    I wasn't able to draw oof very well geometrically. Oh well, ppp I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did think this was about your background!

    Hope your little man gets to feeling better and you get plenty of rest.

    ~Erika
    http://artfulrising.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope things are settling down for you and that you're feeling better. Being sick is SO not fun!! Enjoy your birthday on Thursday and thanks for the Challenge this week!! New patterns are always fun to work on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... so sorry Artoo is having a tough time. Sending good thoughts and virtual hugs.

    I had fun with this challenge... although I didn't need an excuse to start using the new tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked this Tangle so much I've posted 2. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope Artoo continues to improve, and Happy Birthday to You, and me, too. I'm not Twice as old as you, but . . . : D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Laura. Have a great birthday week. All our love to your family. You guys are a big inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm having a little too much fun with this one! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful challenge, hope Artoo is doing well. It would be a great birthday gift to have his health improve, those hospital visits must be getting very old.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm back!! The Royal Wedding was a challenge that I was not up to.

    I hope that Artoo is doing better and that you are able to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hows the little one doing? Speedy recovery!!
    Thanks for posting such wonderful challenges, I don't know how you get time and the energy!!
    and Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blogger seems to have lost my last post from Thursday. I reposted the pictures. Here's hoping that blogger and Artoo are both getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, had a busy week, packing etc !! Away on holiday tomorrow, but just managed to squeeze in
    an 'oof' !!
    I found 'oof' quite difficult to get my head around, but managed it in the end !!
    hugs
    chris richards
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi.. hope Artoo is feeling better .. got my "Oof" done.. not perfect.. but think I would try this one again.. like the possibilities .. have a lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Laura, I sure hope that little Artoo is feeling better each day. He sure is a little trooper! Love your tile, the curves and the way all the tangles fit together so well-beautiful! Thanks for another good challenge and all the work you do on these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for another great challenge, Laura! and hope Artoo is improving!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you don't consider my entry a cop-out! I planned to use this pattern as a background from the get-go!

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Oof" was so fun to learn and to think about during the week. I enjoyed the process enormously. I had this vision of what I wanted, and thought about it for hours before I got down to the actual tangling part. The result is not exactly what I had in mind, but maybe I'll play with it again and see if it's possible. Blessings to Artoo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. it's 8pm Hawaiian Time. i hope that's not too late for another entry. i actually made the tile yesterday but i just put the card together just now. it's not even completely finished. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  26. My Oof was surprisingly un-classical. Maybe it reflected my state of mind this week. I know I started with the pattern but I quickly took it in a really different direction than I had in my mind. Working on this tangle did give me some zen release. The chaos is on the page this time!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I thought I hadn't posted this last week and now I see I did. So I posted it again here. Sorry you have to see it twice. But it does have Oof in it so maybe it's O.K.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am amazed at all the variations of this tangle that showed up in the slideshow. There are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!