First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 2 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 2 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
Another busy week at Chez Diva - Our little Artoo landed himself a three day stay at the all inclusive resort known as The Royal University Hospital. It seems the poor kid can't seem to catch a break. He seriously needs to learn how to have a cold without requiring oxygen. He doesn't handle any type of extra mucous very well because of the Moebius Syndrome. Colds really bowl him over.
|Artoo is a pro at Nebulizers|
|Artoo sleeps wit da fishes|
Things are getting back to normal though.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day - B-rad got up with the boys so i could sleep in... cue the choir of angels... Chewie woke me up this morning with a card and a cuddle and i came downstairs to find bacon and eggs with toast and orange juice and fresh coffee! Chewie gave me the craft that he made at his new daycare - then all four of us went for a walk. It was beautiful and sunny and very very windy. We took B-rad's kite out for a spin and it was pulling so hard i almost flew away! i kid you not! it was fun.
|Let's Go Fly a Kite!|
Okay, on to the Challenge!!
Weekly Challenge #21 - New Official Tangle "Oof"
This weekend Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas came out with a new official tangle "Oof" in the new Newsletter. Click the link for instructions! You can also subscribe to the Zentangle Newsletter here
I've said before that i love a new tangle for the weekly challenge - it's a great way for everyone to get acquainted with a new pattern, and to share the tangleations that come from them!
This week, create a Zentangle tile or Zentangle Inspired piece using the new Official tangle "Oof"
|New Tangle "Oof" in the top right corner|
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(