First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 2 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 2 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes... i had a pretty great birthday. I blogged about turning 31 on my home blog if you're interested in that kind of thing. All in all, it was a pretty good day.
Then this weekend i helped out my sister in law by working at the Man Show here, which is an annual trade show geared at men. My sister in law works at a specialty bra/lingerie shop outside of town, it's phenomenal. The store was supplying the outfits for the fashion show - bra/panty sets, sleepwear, swimwear etc., yours truly was all dolled up in a corset and fishnets and handing out referral cards and telling people about the store.
|me - Feelin' Perrrdy for the Man Show|
It was quite a morale booster, having had a baby 7 months ago. It was nice to feel sexy again. ;)
So that was my crazy weekend, i'm still nursing my poor feet - standing all night for two nights in 4" heels really does a number on you, especially if you're used to flip flops...
Okay, so on with the Challenge...
This week's Challenge is reminiscent of the Third weekly challenge: Eyes Wide Shut but with a twist...
Weekly Challenge #22 "A Little Help from my Friends"
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to enlist the help of someone other than yourself who will draw the string on your tile or Zentangle Inspired piece. (If you absolutely can not find someone willing to draw a pencil line on your tile - don't fret... you can revisit week three and draw your string with your eyes closed, but DO try to find a partner... its fun, and it can also be a great way to introduce people to Zentangle... Extra bonus points to the person who gets a stranger to draw their string!!*)
*bonus points are completely fake, but it'd still be pretty awesome...
My lovely assistant B-rad offered up these two lovely strings:
|Strings Strings Strings|
|Jane Monk's tangle Trimonds in the top left, Carole Ohl's tangle Pina on the top right, Mooka and stripes and Floo? i think?|
|This monotangle was done using Carole Ohl's tangle Baton|
It's really kind of fun to let go of the reins and see what happens... i found working with B-rad's strings was a lot like using the pre-strung tiles that you can purchase from Zentangle or from any CZT.
For this challenge, it'd be great to see the before and after for each tile - so the file limit will be back up to four for this week only. :)
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(