Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Challenge #22

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies.  I hope to have it up and running soon!!
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per  challenge.  (This  doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no  noooo, it just  means that i will only download 2 entries for the  slideshow, of which i  will download the first 2 presented to the  challenge.  i hope that makes  sense, somewhat.)
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Before we get started, i wanted to say that i'm pretty sure my hit counter is going to roll over to 100,000 this week!! Keep your eye out!! (<--it's on the left of the page)...maybe lucky 100,000 will be YOU!!  That is SO WILD i can't even wrap my brain around it!! you people are amazing!  Thank you for making this challenge so successful...

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes... i had a pretty great birthday.  I blogged about turning 31 on my home blog if you're interested in that kind of thing.  All in all, it was a pretty good day.

Then this weekend i helped out my sister in law by working at the Man Show here, which is an annual trade show geared at men.  My sister in law works at a specialty bra/lingerie shop outside of town, it's phenomenal.  The store was supplying the outfits for the fashion show - bra/panty sets, sleepwear, swimwear etc., yours truly was all dolled up in a corset and fishnets and handing out referral cards and telling people about the store.

me - Feelin' Perrrdy for the Man Show
I had a really great time, it was nice to get out of the house and to get all dressed up - and my mom even came over on Saturday night and watched the kids so B-rad could come out and see me in action!  That was the trial run leaving Artoo with someone who wasn't B-rad or I... and it was a success!! for the first time in 7 months, we were both out of the house without babies!!

It was quite a morale booster, having had a baby 7 months ago.  It was nice to feel sexy again. ;)

So that was my crazy weekend, i'm still nursing my poor feet - standing all night for two nights in 4" heels really does a number on you, especially if you're used to flip flops...

Okay, so on with the Challenge...


This week's Challenge is reminiscent of the Third weekly challenge: Eyes Wide Shut but with a twist...


Weekly Challenge #22 "A Little Help from my Friends"

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to enlist the help of someone other than yourself who will draw the string on your tile or Zentangle Inspired piece.   (If you absolutely can not find someone willing to draw a pencil line on your tile - don't fret... you can revisit week three and draw your string with your eyes closed, but DO try to find a partner... its fun, and it can also be a great way to introduce people to Zentangle... Extra bonus points to the person who gets a stranger to draw their string!!*)
*bonus points are completely fake, but it'd still be pretty awesome...

My lovely assistant B-rad offered up these two lovely strings:

Strings Strings Strings
And here's what i did with them...


Jane Monk's tangle Trimonds in the top left, Carole Ohl's tangle Pina on the top right, Mooka and stripes and Floo? i think?

This monotangle was done using Carole Ohl's tangle Baton

It's really kind of fun to let go of the reins and see what happens... i found working with B-rad's strings was a lot like using the pre-strung tiles that you can purchase from Zentangle or from any CZT.  

For this challenge, it'd be great to see the before and after for each tile - so the file limit will be back up to four for this week only.  :)

the fine print:

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(


30 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, soundin' great and FAB idea for the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got DH to be my partner for this one. Great challenge idea. Can't wait to see everyone's tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, would it be acceptable for some of us to post a string template that others could use? That might save some people from having to do the eyes wide shut repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I posted four strings http://lifeimitatesdoodles.blogspot.com/2011/05/four-strings-for-weekly-challenge-22.html. They aren't much, but they'll get someone started, if they don't want to wait for a loved one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 4 yar old drew my string which is really just a circle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I got my challenge done early for a change! I had my hubby draw the string for me, and for some extra fun, all the tangles I used were created by the wonderful Sandra Strait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this challenge. It's always fun to start with someone else's energy and add to it. Love what you did with Baton! Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet you really enjoyed your night out - you looked fabulous! This Challenge was fun, it's great to get others involved in what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun spicy night and so great you could spread your wings for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. off topic: Laura, that`s a very nice photo of a beautiful native young woman and i can reproduce how you feel as "only-mum" in the last 7 months...i`ve had my children (ago 22 years, the two boys was born in july 89 and 90) within ONE year and it`s very hard to feel sexy in this time! You only feel old and fat and deformedly...but after a long, long time you`ll be "back" at least and it`s a wonderful feeling. Wish you many, many sexy dates with B-rad in the future! Wish you many trustable babysitter.( öööhm, my english isn`t the best, but I hope, you understand what i mean....;-)) Thank you also for your challenges. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun and challenging to work on a tangle someone else drew. Thank you for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This challenge was really different! I've never bought a pre-strug tile (really never heard of them before now) but I usually have an idea when I start. This was like meshing two peoples ideas together and it was really fun!! BTW congrats on your sexy night out - every mom deserves that! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Much fun to do. Maybe I will ask more often another to draw the string.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FINALLY a chance to dive in! Looking forward to this one, hugely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun stuff. I chose to tangle from a kids book of patterns. I have an idea for the next challenge. Tangle without looking using a "crutch." I have a book of tangles that I use whenever I can't think of what to do next. I also will look online at other people's work. Well, this one I did in the car without my tangle notebook and I didn't have my iPad so I had to do it all from memory. Eek. It was hard. That is why there are so many repeated tangles. Couldn't think of anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was wondering why my tangle was taken down? :( it was for week 22...oh well.... can I repost it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I asked my partner to do a string this morning, and was so excited with her simple design that I completely forgot to snap a pic of it before it became a Zentangle. So folks that view the zentangle can see the photoshop recreation of the string here.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fyddlestyx/5734979455

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yahoo!!! I made me another challenge entry! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ La Tigress, you accidentally posted this challenge on last week's post. No worries, you'll be in this slideshow. Feel free to repost if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my first time doing a Challenge. I just started to do Zentangle a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the Challenge and have had a few people draw strings for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We're up and running - had to delete that last one for very bad grammar - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to see that you kicked up your heels and had a fun night out....much deserved! Love your tiles and the challenge. Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My daughter made it a real challenge, I needed 4 days to complete my zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two tiles from me... at last!! I know I've been away for ages... but I've been tangling up a storm (and silently participating in most of the challenges -- which I'll probably put up at some stage). Hugs all around...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aah, I got all mushy and romantic. I think it's a combination of the looming Rapture and your sexy picture! A truly fun challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hooray for another great idea! Gratitude coming your way for another great challenge. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Whew - just in time - well almost - posted the strings and one completed the others to follow shortly. Great challenge - very freeing not having to do my own string.

    ReplyDelete
  29. *waves hand* Mine is not posted after the midnight of your time zone. *shifty-eyes*

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!