First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 2 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 2 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
|you guys rock.|
I feel really honoured to be involved in this challenge with such amazing artists every week... to be a part of the friendships, the support and encouragement that this group has shared....
It's been a beautiful week here in The Skatch, with temperatures in the high 20s (that'd be around 80 or so for my Fahrenheit friends) and Chewie has LOVED getting out into the sun... we spent most days this week in the 'spray' as he calls it, or the sprinkler, as i call it.
Artoo has been wonderful... he's such a cuddly bear most days... He had his eyes checked this week by the eye specialist and there may be some eye doctorin' in our future, but for right now, he's good...
|The Doc had to put drops in his eyes to dilate them to check the health of the backs of his eyes.|
but enough about us.
This week's Challenge is called:
Weekly Challenge #23: "String Theory"
String theory is a developing theory in particle physics that attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity. (Source)
Luckily, i know absolutely nothing about quantum mechanics and general relativity... truth be told - i only know that String Theory is a 'thing' because of the show "The Big Bang Theory". (I was an English/Art/Drama/Band nerd in highschool and avoided all things science that weren't requirements for entry to university... all i needed was one science... i chose Biology)
This challenge is a twist on those where the challenge is for everyone to use the same tangle within their tile. Those slideshows are always amazing.... to see everyone's interpretation of the same thing is truly amazing... so many great tangleations and inspirations...
So - this week let's all do the same string and see what variations and inspirations we can come up with??
Here's the string, if you'll accept it:
|for some reason, i find drawing the string the hardest part...|
Once i had my string drawn, i decided to do something i haven't done in a long time - and that's was pull out my crazy icosahedron die from my Zentangle® kit and my legend and leave my tangles to chance...
|For those of you who are interested, i got Flukes, Shattuck, Floorz, Keeko, Scoodle, and Zander...|
i opted to leave the little circle blank...
It's so liberating to have all of the choices taken out of the equation sometimes... to just sit back and fill in the blanks with lovely little tangles...
|The finished product.|
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(