First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie, I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 2 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 2 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
Then my inbox was filled with people eager to help out - and this was even before we ended up in the hospital with Artoo this week! you gotta love people sometimes, y'know?
So! Today's challenge will be the first in what i hope to be many guest posts from guest bloggers!! What fun!! i can't wait... it will be pretty fun for me to be able to sit back and do a challenge during the week! WEE!!
So, without further ado, i give you this week's Challenge from the Lovely and Talented Geneviève Crabe.
Weekly Challenge #25 "Zendala Magic"
Greetings everyone! My name is Geneviève and I will be your guest challenger for this week.
As some of you know, zendalas (a fusion of mandalas and Zentangle) are one of my favourite art forms. So for this week's challenge, I have created a zendala template for you to decorate. Here is a preview of the image:
The template is available in two sizes, in PDF format. The first can be traced on a 3.5x3.5-inch Zentangle tile, and the second can be printed out on an 8.5x11-inch (or A4) sheet of paper or card stock.
Small zendala template
Large zendala template
I look forward to seeing your contributions!
Following a thirty-year career in high-tech, Geneviève is now devoting all her time to artistic pursuits, working on expanding her arts & crafts business by publishing books, patterns, kits, and teaching online classes. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher, and teaches in and around St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada. Geneviève is the author of two books: Macintosh Graphics Techniques for Multimedia and Crafters’ Internet Handbook: Research, Connect and Sell Your Crafts Online, and is now working on a new book, Drawing Zendalas: Blending the ancient tradition of mandalas with the new art of Zentangle®. You can find links to all her online homes on her home page: http://www.amarylliscreations.com/.
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(