First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie, I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
It was an interesting mix, for sure, trying to work the very structured tangle of DEX in with the graceful and organic tangle of VERDIGOGH - but you all managed to find a fabulous balance. That slideshow will blow your socks off (when i get to it...sigh)
|taken from my phone while the car was moving... not too shabby if i do say so myself...|
But so far, so good. Fingers Crossed!!
It's been a pretty fun week. We were lucky enough to have two of our very dear friends who were visiting from Victoria/Calgary in our home for a few days. We haven't seen them in a couple years - it was so very nice to catch up.
They are amazing people, Lisa - who is beautiful and gentle and kind and all kinds of crazy flexible, and Rand - who knows the answer to pretty much everything, has a great laugh, and is a big Zentangle fan. I started telling them a bit about this blog and the challenge and it turns out Rand has been following my blog!!
i felt a little bit famous.
Between that and Maria Thomas calling me a Rockstar this week - i might have to watch that i don't get an inflated ego!
Hi Lisa! Hi Rand! :)
|Crayons are fun times!|
Weekly Challenge #28: "Trip to Tripoli"
If you've been paying attention on the Zentangle Blog - you may have noticed Maria taunting us with tiles containing these simple and beautiful triangles... you can see some of those tiles here or here or here or here or here........or here
If you are as amazed and inspired by those as i am, do i have good news for you!! They've (finally) given us the know-how to do this tangle ourselves! It's called "Tripoli"- for three sided polygon! (Not to be confused with the capital of Libya)
You can see the instructions in their latest newsletter here! (if you haven't subscribed yet, what are you waiting for? Subscribe here!!)
I've been playing around with this tangle for the past couple of days, and i really feel like i've only scratched the surface of what is possible with this pattern! As Maria says, it's the New Grid in Town!
|Tripoli! What a Trip.|
So - get out your pens and explore the land of Tripoli! Where will it take you?
(If you need some help with this pattern, Suzanne Wilka has posted a great tutorial on her blog HERE)
the fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(