Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekly Challenge #31

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie,  I hope to have it up and running soon!!
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back to another wonderful challenge - from another wonderful CZT!!  I've been so fortunate to have such great pinch hitters while i take some much needed vaycay... (with a few more waiting in the dugout!!)
Artoo on the couch

Having B-rad home this past week has been great as Artoo was still recovering from his most recent bout of pneumonia.  My dear husband slept in the rumpus room on the floor next to the baby a few nights in a row so he could keep a close eye on him and to administer some more night time meds - and so that i could get some much needed sleep...in a bed, instead of a hospital cot.... nice guy, that b-rad. 

Chewie at the beach


Grandma (my mom) has been super helpful this week too.  She's a school teacher so she has the summer off and has been able to take Chewie to a near by lake a few times last week.  Having Chewie gone meant that i could take care of Artoo while B-rad got some work done on our house from last summer's flood.  It also meant that Chewie got to actually do something - to have a bit of a summer! It's hard to leave the house when your kid needs to be suctioned at any given moment.  ah well.
Chewie splashing in the puddles

So, this week will be more of the same - i've been painting a bit, which has been nice... with Chewie - he LOVES making crafts and colouring and painting. ...wonder where he gets that from?

That's what's been going on here... and now, i turn the time over to Carol, today's guest blogger - she can be found regularly at Celebrate Possibilities

Weekly Challenge #31: "Fairyland"

Hello Zentangle challenge participants! 

Ever since I was a little girl, fairies have been very special to me.  I have had lots of fun giving fairy garden presentations to garden clubs all over N.E. Ohio, and have fairy gardens in my yard. 

Making a fairy garden is simply creating an environment where fairies would like to visit.

Lately, fairies have been visiting my Zentangles. 

My challenge to you is to create a Zentangle environment where fairies would feel at home.  There are lots of tangles that have full fairy approval and affection!  Have fun!



My name is Carol Bailey Floyd and I am the Director of Programs for Mental Health Recovery and WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan).  I am also an Advanced Level WRAP facilitator.  After becoming a Certified Zentangle Teacher, I started the Zentangle Club of N.E. Ohio in 2009, where we have lots of fun, Zentangle art shows, and workshops.  I have also coordinated two Zentangle-O-Ramas and am looking forward to many more Zentangle adventures!  Becoming a Certified Zentangle teacher is right at the top of my best life experiences, and I consider teaching Zentangles to be an honor and a privilege.  Part of my mission is to spread the word about the many unexpected benefits of WRAP, specifically because I have arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tremors and find that doing Zentangles helps relieve the pain along with the bonus of wonderful creative and meditative outcomes.  Another gift is that I have met amazing people through Zentangles!  My blog is celebratepossibilities.blogspot.com
and now - the fine print:

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(

38 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this challenge already. A little Carol Bailey Floyd energy is an awesome way to start a week! Calling all fairies!!! (I love your tangled fairy garden, Carol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, love that photo of Artoo on the couch. So sweet I just want to hug him up in his li'l blue jammies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful children!!! Good vibes heading your way on a complete recovery for that adorable baby!!! And...great challenge...I am a "fairy" lover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pics of the boys - they are both so adorable!!! I hope you managed to get that much-needed rest that B-rad tried to provide! My nieceling's mom came down with vestibular neuritis right after I'd gone home from looking after her for a week and I ended up taking leave from work to go look after her daughter AGAIN. Good times, but MAN sleep would be GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait....but it will have to wait until after I leave work today.....ahhhhhhh....but then I will visit fairy land with a vengence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and Laura... your family is just one that I am honored to get to know even if it only through a blog. The boys look happy. What a blessing it is to have them and a few hours of sleep too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one!! I'haven't been able to do the other challenges, but now I have a little time to dedicate to zentangles and will surely create a fairy garden!!! This is a very good idea, dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is simple and with input from my four year old.
    And it is great that your mom can help out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura -- so glad you've gotten some rest. You have a precious family! Both of your boys are so very cute! Carol - it's so nice to see another mental health professional using Zentangle for therapeutic purposes (even for personal benefit)! I use it all the time with some of my clients and have noticed a huge difference in their levels of anxiety! Can't wait to play in fairyland... will be a great diversion from my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, glad to hear that Artoo is on the mend and you are getting some much needed personal time. Carol, thanks for the wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At last I`m home to enter the challenge! Hehehehe - look out fairies, here I come! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love anything to do with Fairies especially the types of atmosphere they prefer to live in. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable family pictures, Artoo looks so sweet sitting up there and is there a hint of a smile and chuckle in his face? Hope he is getting stronger every day and you are enjoying time with both your boys sorry all 3 of your boys!

    Carol thank you for a great fun challenge this was a great excuse to just let it flow. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard a whisper that fairies love to tangle!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun challenge! Now that I've got mine posted, I can't wait to see what others have done. I know fairies around the world are going to be dancing with excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Couldn't resist - just HAD to do another one! *G* Thanks for a really fun challenge, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did one for this challenge. My second time entering...and I made a boo-boo. I didn't change the web address and it looks like I posted two...first one is from last week. Don't know how to delete it. Now off to check out the other entries...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the challenge. It was fun choosing the fairy-friendly tangles. I appreciate the work that you do, Carol, with the WRAP and assisting with people's recovery efforts. I am familiar with it as I am in the mental health field myself. Laura--I hope you all continue with your healing. Cari

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely challenge! I really enjoyed it! It's so nice to see what others make of it. I did a totally different kind of thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello,

    Thanks for this lovely challenge! I just started with zentangle this week... so much fun, so relaxing! :) I'm used to make card with stamps and digi's, so this is completely new to me. I hope it's ok I added a little fairy-stamp to my card...
    My entry is at number 32.

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this challenge - fairies!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun frolicking with fairies! And the kids are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pictures of Artoo...hope he's better for longer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gave it another whirl, Carol....I afraid I'm hooked!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely whimsical tangle. Thank you! Praying strength healing for you all, and especially the lovely little Artoo. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Always love your family pics, Laura...hugs to all of you. Thanks for the fun challenge, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the pictures of your boys. Not in love with my fairy tangle. Forgot to the "have fun" part. Oh, well, there is always next week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thaaaank you :)) for this totally fun theme - I enjoyed doing this vhallenge a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Laura, glad Artoo is on the mend and thanks for sharing your wonderful family. Carol thanks for giving us a fairy challenge, they do bring magic into our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Laura, your boys' pictures are great! Very cute. Here's to good health for all ( and a special boost for Artoo). Carol, thanks for bringing on the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was nice to tangle a fairy garden instead of working in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This one took way too much thought initially, so I put it off till yesterday. I posted more about it in the Flickr description, but in the end, I liked how it came out..

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, this was so much fun! I dare say my fairies will enjoy their home, and any fairy would be beyond fortunate to live in the other homespaces.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  34. That was such a different challenge. Awesome fun

    ReplyDelete
  35. oops, just realized I linked this to the wrong post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sorry put this link in the wrong challenge. Please remove. Thanks, Cari.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Better late than never! I am still working my way through the challenges and if you happen to check out my Flickr photos, the one called KE-Perspective in particular, you will see what an improvement a couple of weeks and 3 dozen of your challenges has made in my doodlin'!
    Thanks for doing this...it is a great help!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!