Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekly Challenge #33

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie,  I hope to have it up and running soon!!
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!

Well, i hope you've all been enjoying the amazing guest challenges - i know i have been!

It's been a crazy week of attempted potty training - of almost taking Artoo back to the hospital - the arrival of another tooth (hence the almost return to the hospital)... 

This is a holiday monday up here in Canada - Civic Holiday!  We have some wonderful company this weekend - B-rad's cousin from Winnipeg and her boyfriend came up for a wedding and they've been staying with us and we've been celebrating our Civic...ness... with beer or in my case red wine.  Mmm.  Tasty.


It's been a beautiful weekend, here, too.  Hot and sunny days - Chewie and i got outside and made pictures on the sidewalk with chalk...

guess who had the chalk??


 Then Sunday i drove to Regina, about 2.5 hours away, to go to my best friend's baby shower...
it was nice - just me, some tunes, and the open road...

Saskatchewan Highways
 I stopped at these giant Tiger Lily's (Saskatchewan's flower) to buy some ice cream....


Mmm, tasty ice creamy goodness...
On the way home i stopped at this giant coffee pot to say hello...


all in all - it was a good day.  it was a nice drive, a beautiful day and there was lots of singing at the top of my lungs.  good times.

I have a few more lovely guest challenges waiting in the wings, but Rick and Maria have given us a new tangle to play with!


Weekly Challenge #33: "New Tangle: Pendrills"

You can find the directions for this new tangle here at their newsletter - if you haven't subscribed, you can HERE

it took me a few tries, but if you give it those few tries - this tangle starts to take on a life of it's own, winding and twisting through the tile. 




This is such a fun tangle, and i can't wait to see where else this new tangle will take me.  Where will it take you?

and now - the fine print:


If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(

35 comments:

  1. Laura, so glad you had a chance for a little "me" time. I especially like the ice cream and singing parts. Awesome! Thanks again for letting me loose on your challenge last week, and thanks to all of you who are sending them! I've gotten tiles in the mail every day since Wednesday, and getting excited about getting them all together on a wall. I will post on my blog as things progress. Have a great challenge week, everyone. We have a new tangle to play with. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had just read thhe newsletter before coming here. Pendrils looks like great fun!

    Mailing tiles to Carole is on my To Do list today. After I work through that List, I'm looking forward to playing with this new tangle : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspected today's challenge would be to use Pendrills, lol, so I was prepared for once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am late in commenting because I just had time to post before I was headed to work. Wonderfully fun challenge. Laura you look really happy with the cone in hand....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved taking your little trip with you. (Thanks for sharing your photos of it.) I could feel your day's fun and freedom right through my computer! LOL Yikes, "Pendrils" looks hard. But, I love a challenging challenge. LOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I also suspected this would be the challenge after the well timed arrival of the Zentangle newsletter! I need to play with this one some more.. it was either use it as a border, a string, or a fill.. Ah but that's the fun of a new tangle now, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too enjoyed having a new tangle to play with. What a fabulous way to spend a rainy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with the Pendrills tangle pattern. Don't know if I ever saw it before, but I'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookie - if you follow the links they will take you to the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous road trip.
    I think quite a few of us call Zentangle an addiction and this new tangle 'Pendrill' (which sounds like a drug) will feed our addiction very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge Laura! I love this new tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed!! Thanks for the challenge, great to see you having "me" time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this new tangle. Now if I could just find a way to catalog all my tangles so that I can find them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was intimidated by the new tangle, but now that I've played with it...I can't wait to play more! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the challenge. As always, a good motivation to try a new tangle. Cari

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the challenge of Pendrills. Not so much the challenge of my scanner tonight! :-) So glad you had some grown up girl time this week, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the challenge! Pendrills was a bit awkward to draw (at least for me) but it was fun as usual:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really fun tangle! Thanks, Laura (and Ricka and Maria!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, I seem to be the only one....I thought Pendrils was hard to do!! But, it was fun to be challenged. And, challenged I was!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, nothing like a good road trip and singing at the top of your lungs to lift your spirits! Good for you! Thanks for another fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was a fun new tangle! For me lately, the Challenge is finding the time to complete it. Glad I was able to get it done because it was a good one! I'm sure I'll use this pattern again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun...and boy does that ice cream look good! Love this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your tangled sidewalk! Glad you are enjoying your summer. I agree with Judi. I thought Pendrills was hard also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Laura, seeing you with that icecream is leading me in to temptation.
    great challenge: i love pendrills.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree- I've been severely challenged to find time to settle down and complete a challenge. I have a lot of makeups to do! I'm so glad that Pendrills inspired me to do what I *enjoy*.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The challenge this summer has been completing the challenges. It's a busy time of year for me. But I knew I would love this tangle and suspected it would be the challenge this week so I am uploading three! Glad to see you back Laura and that you have had a nice road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for a new challenge. I'm obviously in the minority here, but pendrills is not my favorite. Glad for the challenge, though, to give me a little push.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the challenge, Laura. I think I need a little more practice before I can be happy with the result. But this is a start.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Didn't think I'd make it, but Whew! I did!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm later than you are, Jenna! But I made it too ;D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like to appreciate for new challenge. The challenge this summer has been completing the challenges. It is a busy time of year for me.
    flash bellek

    ReplyDelete
  33. this challenge is great. I will put it up on my blog momentarily. It's wonderful to have a weekly tangle challenge. Helps to keep me on my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This was lots of fun. Thanks, Christina and Laura!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!