First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie, I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
I hope everyone's enjoying the summer! Can you believe it's practically the end of August already? where did the time go? On Monday the boys and i went to the park with my sister in law and my nephews - Chewie loves playing with his older boy cousins... and we went to the paddling pool on Wednesday afternoon - but Chewie was cranky and asked to go home after an hour of playing.
|Super Chewie conquers the playground|
We also got more work done in our basement!! seems like we just need to do the finishing touches - it looks so nice. i'll have to post pictures when it's done.
Saturday i got to go as a very last minute date to a wedding with a friend.
It feels like we've been trying to get as much summer into these last weeks as possible.
|Artoo loves beets - they really bring out his eyes...|
Weekly Challenge #36: New Tangle Assunta
The challenge this week is to use the new tangle called Assunta that appeared in the latest Zentangle newsletter. It's a close relative to the tangle cadent, and it's pretty fun. You can see the instructions here - and your challenge is to delve in and try it out. There are many things you can do with this tangle, lots of variations or tanglations are possible!
|it's a tile on tile!|
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(