First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
So - first i want to say congratulations to the winner of last week's pocket pagez! i used the random number generator:
CropStop! My email address is in the contact tab above.
Didn't win this week? never fear, you can order your own Pocket Pagez or you can try again this week! (rules posted in blue at the bottom of this post) THIS JUST IN!! Receive 10% off at the Crop Stop when you use the coupon code DIVA - awesome!
Thanks to everyone who sent me well wished on my new found life of stay at home mom-dom. And an extra thank you to those who have been clicking on ads. I really appreciate it. :D
And now, on to this week's challenge...
Weekly Challenge #41: DuoTangle v. II "Jonqal/Opus"
It's been a while since the first DuoTangle challenge. And for those of you who are just joining us, DueTangle is a term i coined wherein you use ONLY two tangles. There was a lot of mixed feelings about that challenge.
Mostly i really pushed people out of their comfort zone to use tangles they maybe haven't used in a while, if ever... and to really get out of the idea behind only using tangles that 'go' together...
Part of my problem, i find, is that it's so easy for me to fall into the same old patterns i always use - and to get hung up on patterns or tangles that 'match'. Like i've said before, part of the great thing about hosting your own challenge is that i can work on areas where i feel i need challenging! :)
So, this week's challenge is to do a tile or Zentangle inspired piece that uses only these two tangles; Jonqal and Opus. Both of these patterns are official Zentangle Tangles, and the instructions for these patterns can be found in the Zentangle Newsletters - links below. (Click here to subscribe, if you haven't already)
|Click the links for instructions to Jonqal and Opus (my tile looks very Easter-ish, with a little egg poking out there)|
Limiting yourself to only two tangles is such a simple and elegant way of pushing your own envelope!
Also, exercises like this often leave people saying: "It's not very good." and before you start this week's challenge i want you all to take a deep breath and repeat after me: It's about the PROCESS, not the PRODUCT
To be entered in the Zentangle Pocket Pagez giveaway, the rules are this:
1. You must have entered a tile or ZIA in this challenge
2. You MUST enter a "SITE-SPECIFIC" URL in the linkey machine. Links to home pages or to past entries will not be accepted. If it ends in .com or the like, it's not site specific. (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
3. Leave a comment saying which number you are in the linkey machine
4. If you are emailing your submission, leave a comment saying your piece was emailed
This contest will close as of MIDNIGHT CST on Saturday. I will use a random number generator to select the winner from the comments on Sunday. I will announce the winner in next week's challenge! This contest is open to everyone, including overseas!! yay!!and now the small-ish print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address) The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(