First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
FIRST! The winner of this week's Zentangle Pocket Pages, supplied by the wonderful folks at CropStop!
I used a random number generator:
Poor Diana at Wolf Howlings was having trouble commenting on the blog. (I'm sorry, i'm not sure what happened there - i'm trying to fix it. ) So, she sent me an email letting me know she was trying to comment, so i added her comment for her... and she's the lucky recipient of this week's giveaway! Diana, email me with your mailing address and we'll get those sent off to you post haste - courtesy of CropStop! My email address is in the contact tab above.
Didn't win this week? never fear, you can order your own Pocket Pagez or you can try again this week! (rules posted in blue at the bottom of this post) Receive 10% off at the Crop Stop when you use the coupon code DIVA - awesome!
and now for the rest of the post;
Well, what we thought was the flu last week turned out to be Strep throat... only, it never went away - it just kept getting worse and worse and poor B-rad just never got any better and ended up being home from work all week long. Because, as it turns out, it wasn't actually strep either. It was Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. And by some amazing miracle - i came out of it unscathed (knock on wood) and i was able to care for my super sick hubby and my sick little dudes, who also had it.
|He's so cute!|
|he is too!|
But enough about me.
Weekly Challenge #42: "HOPE"
Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I don't know anyone who doesn't know someone living with, or affected by, or lost someone to Breast Cancer. A few months ago i shared with you that my grandmother's breast cancer has returned. So i was working on a piece for auctioning, which (because of my crazy life) i didn't actually get to send down to my aunt. However, i did finish it.
Yes, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and yes, my grandmother and even my aunt have or have had Breast Cancer. But Breast Cancer is not the only reason to have hope. i think each of us has had a situation in their lives when they felt like giving up, and for whatever reason - they didn't. That gives me hope. Sometimes, as some of you know, my life is hell. But i hope every day that things will get better. I hope that my kids stay healthy. I hope that my sons know how much i love them, i hope my husband knows how much i adore him. I hope for the strength to get through each day.
Most of the time, for me, hope is just the tiny light in the darkened room that helps my eyes adjust over time so i can maneuver through the obstacles that are in front me.
We all need to have hope.
What are you hoping for?
If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell. ~Lance Armstrong
Never, never, never give up. ~Winston Churchill
Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher ReeveThis week the challenge is to create a tile or ZIA inspired by hope. However this applies to your life.
To be entered in the Zentangle Pocket Pagez giveaway, the rules are this:
1. You must have entered a tile or ZIA in this challenge
2. You MUST enter a "SITE-SPECIFIC" URL in the linkey machine. Links to home pages or to past entries will not be accepted. If it ends in .com or the like, it's not site specific. (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
3. Leave a comment saying which number you are in the linkey machine
4. If you are emailing your submission, leave a comment saying your piece was emailed
This contest will close as of MIDNIGHT CST on Saturday. I will use a random number generator to select the winner from the comments on Sunday. I will announce the winner in next week's challenge! This contest is open to everyone, including overseas!! yay!!and now the small-ish print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address) The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(