First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
I used a random number generator:
and winner #4 - lucky commenter #13
Joni, email me with your mailing address and we'll get those sent off to you post haste - courtesy of CropStop! My email address is in the contact tab above.
Didn't win this week? You can still try next week.... after this week, it's the last Pocket Pagez giveaway....
BUT never fear, you can order your own Pocket Pagez or you can try again this week! (rules posted in blue at the bottom of this post) Receive 10% off at the Crop Stop when you use the coupon code DIVA - awesome!
We are all in a Turkey induced haze up in here, so i'll be brief. We had two big family gatherings - One Sunday night and one Monday night - with all the Thanksgiving trimmings... too much food... uhhnnnn... can't move....
But i want to say that i'm thankful for so many wonderful things in my life. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and my two amazing kids, for my family who have been so supportive this last year, i'm thankful for hospitals (as much as it sucks to be in 'em, i'm sure glad we have 'em), i'm SOOO thankful for Canada's health care system - i think we'd be bankrupt by now..., i'm thankful for the smell of fallen leaves, i'm thankful for smoochy baby kisses and three year old laughter
|So thankful for this guy|
|This guy too.|
Weekly Challenge #43: Sunflower Fun
This week's Challenge comes courtesy of Pennyb. (if you have an idea for a challenge, drop me a line... see my contact tab above)
In Republic of South Africa, on 12 October we have Bandana Day, which is run by the Sunflower Fund. This is an organization founded in 1999 in support of the SA Bone Marrow Registry for people suffering from leukemia. Every year our local retailer (Pick n Pay) sells Sunflower bandanas and the proceeds go towards the Sunflower Fund...everyone wears a Bandana, somehow somewhere on this day! I wondered if you could incorporate the Sunflower Fund logo somehow as a Challenge during the week 12 Oct??
To that i say, heck yes we can!! i went to the website and checked it out, and i pulled their logo:
which i traced onto a tile and used as a string...
Penny also generously offered to mail me a bandana.
So, this week use create a tile or ZIA inspired by the sunflower!
To be entered in the Zentangle Pocket Pagez giveaway, the rules are this:
1. You must have entered a tile or ZIA in this challenge
2. You MUST enter a "SITE-SPECIFIC" URL in the linkey machine. Links to home pages or to past entries will not be accepted. If it ends in .com or the like, it's not site specific. (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
3. Leave a comment saying which number you are in the linkey machine
4. If you are emailing your submission, leave a comment saying your piece was emailed
This contest will close as of MIDNIGHT CST on Saturday. I will use a random number generator to select the winner from the comments on Sunday. I will announce the winner in next week's challenge! This contest is open to everyone, including overseas!! yay!!and now the small-ish print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address) The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(