First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
I used a random number generator:
CropStop! My email address is in the contact tab above.
Didn't win this week? You can still try next week.... and the week after that! The Pocket Pagez giveaways have been extended!! WOO HOO!!
You can also order your own Pocket Pagez or you can try again this week! (rules posted in blue at the bottom of this post) Receive 10% off at the Crop Stop when you use the coupon code DIVA - awesome!
I spent a wonderful weekend in Calgary, by myself. I got to meet my friend's gorgeous baby. Trust me, she's beautiful. I don't want to post a picture of her without my friend's permission first, and it's kinda late as i write this.
I got to visit with a really great friend for lunch and sit in a book store for two hours enjoying a cup of coffee, i went for a walk with another great friend in the fall weather, saw some amazing visionary artwork at downtown gallery, enjoyed some fascinating conversion...and ate...a lot...
|This eggs bennie was like heaven on a plate...|
|Butter chicken, some kind of veggie ball, palak paneer, coconut rice and delicious Naan bread|
|Crispy Thai chicken, beef and mushrooms with black pepper sauce, coconut rice (better than the last one) and some kind of tasty noodly thing|
|scotchy scotch scotch|
|my new hat!|
i had a great time. i feel like it was some much needed Laura time, but i was so happy to get home to my boys.
Weekly Challenge #45: New Tangle Punzel
i had been writing a challenge in my head during the seven hour drive home tonight, and then i got home and saw the Zentangle newsletter in my inbox (subscribe here) with a new tangle called Punzel, which is a variation of the the tangle Chainging. I haven't really played with Chainging before, so this challenge was extra challenging for me.
|Image belongs to Zentangle Inc.|
The red "dots" in these instructions are not meant to be drawn. Rather, they indicate the visualization process of seeing where the next element begins as you proceed to "draw behind" in a Zentangle way. - zentangle.com
|Image belongs to Zentangle Inc.|
you can see some more examples from Maria on the Zentangle blog for some inspiration.
Okay, well - here's my attempt. I'm really going to have to try my hand at this some more in the future. It's definitely a tangle that requires some more concentration and focus.
|this ended up looking kind of like a fish to me|
To be entered in the Zentangle Pocket Pagez giveaway, the rules are this:
1. You must have entered a tile or ZIA in this challenge
2. You MUST enter a "SITE-SPECIFIC" URL in the linkey machine. Links to home pages or to past entries will not be accepted. If it ends in .com or the like, it's not site specific. (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
3. Leave a comment saying which number you are in the linkey machine
4. If you are emailing your submission, leave a comment saying your piece was emailed
This contest will close as of MIDNIGHT CST on Saturday. I will use a random number generator to select the winner from the comments on Sunday. I will announce the winner in next week's challenge! This contest is open to everyone, including overseas!! yay!!
and now the small-ish print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address) The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(