First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
FIRST! The winner of this week's Zentangle Pocket Pages, supplied by the wonderful folks at CropStop!
I used a random number generator:
and winner #7 - lucky commenter #22
Congrats Terrie, email me with your mailing address and we'll get those sent off to you post haste - courtesy of CropStop! My email address is in the contact tab above.
Didn't win this week? You can still try next week.... and the week after that! The Pocket Pagez giveaways have been extended!! WOO HOO!!
You can also order your own Pocket Pagez or you can try again this week! (rules posted in blue at the bottom of this post) Receive 10% off at the Crop Stop when you use the coupon code DIVA - awesome!
Hope everyone had a safe Halloween weekend - B-rad and i took turns going out this weekend. I went to a friend's Murder Mystery party and even guessed who the killer was! Chewie is pretty excited about Halloween this year. He's been counting down the sleeps for the last few nights. He and his brother are going out this afternoon as Dragons. i'll post pictures later this week, hopefully.
Speaking of Dragons, i have to share this cute little story;
|carving pumpkins - Chewie doesn't like pumpkin goo....|
Weekly Challenge #46: "All Hallow's Eve"
Time to have a little fun with the challenge and let our little trick-or-treaters have their time to shine. This week's challenge is to have FUN with the prompt: Halloween!!
Create a tile or a Zentangle Inspired piece that is haunting or spooky, maybe with things that go bump in the night - with such an open ended prompt, there's no end to things you can do with it. I chose to do a pumpkin tile, and also - to tangle a pumpkin! This was going to be last week's challenge, but as TODAY is halloween, it's still fitting.
|Another pumpkin - also featuring my Maria Thomas tattoo...|
Happy Haunting Everyone!!
Oooh, and don't forget to stop by tomorrow, November first, for something pretty sweet....
To be entered in the Zentangle Pocket Pagez giveaway, the rules are this:
1. You must have entered a tile or ZIA in this challenge
2. You MUST enter a "SITE-SPECIFIC" URL in the linkey machine. Links to home pages or to past entries will not be accepted. If it ends in .com or the like, it's not site specific. (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
3. Leave a comment saying which number you are in the linkey machine
4. If you are emailing your submission, leave a comment saying your piece was emailed
This contest will close as of MIDNIGHT CST on Saturday. I will use a random number generator to select the winner from the comments on Sunday. I will announce the winner in next week's challenge! This contest is open to everyone, including overseas!! yay!!
and now the small-ish print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address) The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(