First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- Enter my 200K Giveaway! Contest ends November 30th!
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- See Challenge #47's slideshow here
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
As for me, i am still feeling a bit under the weather, but when you're a mom, babies come first.
Thankfully i had already planned to have a guest post this week! Cris Letournea, CZT blogs at Tangled Up in Art and has an amazing challenge for us this week...
Weekly Challenge #49: "Red Thread Challenge"
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -Chinese proverb
To me, this sounds like an invitation to tangle. To my friend Sonya, it sounded like an invitation to help orphans in China, disabled kids in Haiti, and people in the United States who would otherwise be lacking in medical care and other essentials that most of us take for granted. She is VP of an organization called The Red Thread Promise. Take a look at their blog to see the wonderful work that they do.
To raise awareness of their mission, your challenge this week is to create a traditional black and white tangle tile with a single red "thread" running through it.
If you are inspired to help even more, I will be collecting actual tiles to be auctioned off to help raise money for the Red Thread Promise. All tiles collected will be made into a poster that will be available for purchase. Proceeds will also be used to help fund their mission. If you want to participate, you can find out how at my blog, Tangled Up In Art.
(be sure to check out her link, if you wish to participate and don't have an official tile to tangle on, she will provide you with one. this is so great, i can't wait to see the poster!!, Laura)
Cris' bio: I am a homeschooling mom and wife of 22 years who loves to make pretty things. I heard about Zentangle about a year ago and it was love at first sight. I signed up for the next available CZT seminar and have been on a wild ride ever since. Who would have thought that such a simple thing would have blessed me with confidence in my creative abilities, discovering a love of teaching, and meeting wonderful people from all over the world?
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine. please? for me??