Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekly Challenge #51

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • See Challenge #48's slideshow here 
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
I've picked the winners of the 200K post.  i'm going to announce the winners Tuesday morning (sorry!)  I'm going to give the winners 48 hours to contact me (so, until thursday) so be sure to come back tomorrow to see if its you!!

i wanted to say thank you to everyone who entered and shared their reasons why they love Zentangle.  It's truly awe inspiring to read how many people have been touched and how their lives have changed. 

This week we finally put up our Christmas tree.  I have to say, Christmas with a three year old is much more exciting than with a two year old.  Chewie has been singing Frosty the Snowman for the last 2 weeks!  He 'helped' with the tree, as much as you'd expect a three year old to help.
Chewie's letter to the man in Red

Artoo and i by the tree

Merry Christmas!

Artoo had some doctors appointments this week, they went well.  His podiatrist says his feet (which were both clubbed and have been in casts, and now boots/brace since he was born) are a perfect 10 out of 10!  Then he got vaccinated for the RSV virus.  Since then he's been a bit feverish and cranky, but i'll take that if it means he skips RSV this year.

Weekly Challenge #51: New Tangle, FIFE
I've been meaning to post this challenge since the tangle was announced but with the last couple of crazy weeks we've had, i'm only getting to it now.

Fife is an awesome tangle... it's very similar to my tangle Versa that i came up with in March.  I love these geometric patterns, they look so impressive on a tile!! 

You can see instructions to FIFE here in the latest Zentangle Newsletter. 

The challenge is to explore this new tangle and see what it's capable of!  Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine.  please? for me??

33 comments:

  1. If you use your imagination you may be able to see the Christmas tree I was trying for. I didn't quite make it. So, I will call it an abstract Christmas tree. Thanks again for a great Monday morning Laura!! I an vicmelhorse on here. Just cannot post as anything but anonymous. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to see your family and the joy of the season coming alive in your home. I am happy to see you all looking healthy! The challenge as always filled my morning with fun. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tile - and this tangle just has so many variations that make it SO interesting to use. Can't wait to see what everyone does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful family photo! Love to see young families getting ready for Christmas (and remember those special times).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see everyone is doing well in your home. Great family picture! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the family pictures, you all look great! Thanks for another wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Fife, and was a bit surprised when I didn't see it earler. Oh well, that just made this week extra special, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that Artoo's feet are fine. Love this pattern, even though I did get a little confused trying to do it in odd-shaped spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the challenge. This tangle looks pretty, but I find it a little difficult. I enjoyed working with it more, though.
    Good seeing the pictures of your happy family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really liked this pattern... great challenge! Wonderful pic of your family - can't believe it's December already... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so unhappy with my Christmas tree FIFE that I decided to try another time to get this Challenge better. I don't know if I did that, but I had more fun and I like it better. First, I got a large piece of paper instead of the tiny tile. I am used to big paper and I have more room to add lots of stuff. LOL! I've found that I have favorite tangles that I use over and over. If it's a pattern I don't care for especially, I will fill it with things I do like. I'll bet there are lots of others who do that too?? Hope it's ok that I added a second try. I am vicmelhorse. I have to use anonymous to post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like others I really enjoyed your beautiful family Christmas picture. Thanks for all you do for us with these challenges, Laura! Fife is a tangle that really grows on you I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful challenge, Laura. My first stab at Fife showed me what I needed to do in order to get the behind lines in - almost needed to "biggify" Fife to do it. :) Thanks for blogging about your tangling experiences and for sharing your wonderful family with us as well. Love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diva, Another great challenge, thankyou...thoroughly zenned out.
    I really enjoyed the pics of the kids getting into Xmas. They really do make Xmas extra special.... Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never done a challange before but always admired them. I tested out this pattern Fife and loved it . Here is my 3 inch test piece. I didn't even do a whole zentangles yet but had to submitt this in case I forget.
    http://lacefairytangles.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this new tangle. Of course, I need to practice it a bit more, but it really works up quickly! Thanks for a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. #24 I love doing these challenges :) So relaxing and it gives me something to do to keep my stress level down at work. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your challenges, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

    Thanks for the Fife challenge! Dear Son came up with a similar feeling pattern about the same time Fife was released so I'm researching to see if it exists already... Trying to keep them straight in my head, too.

    NUmber 27 this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for this challenge and I do enjoyed it again and again with all the challenges. I am pleased to see my creativity blossomed! I am so pleased to see Artoo look well now and happier with your family in one of the photos. Wish you and your family with loads of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your family photos! Sending all good goo-goos your way...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jingle bells, jingle bells, great happy snaps and I really like your fife!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous photos! Thanks for an amazing year of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great family photo! Again, another great challenge. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. After doing the test piece I already submitted, I used Fife on my newest Mandala.
    http://lacefairytangles.blogspot.com/2011/12/zendala-chalange-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely pics!! God Bless!!
    Thanks for all the challenges and for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great pictures of what is obviously an adorable family. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry about the double post, Laura. Not sure how that happened!?!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Laura, I really love the photo of your family by the tree. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Laura, this is the first time I am participating in your challenge. I am challenged myself! At least with the technology! So I very much appreciate all that you do, especially with a young baby to take care of. I am looking forward to being a regular participant. May you and your family have a beautiful Christmas and healthy, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Everybody. I let myself fall behind in posting my weekly challenges due to working on hand made gifts for Christmas.
    Hope 'Lil Artoo got better and yourself, Laura by Christmas. suck time to be sick, especially if you have little ones that loves that time of year. Look forward to the next Weekly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!