Thursday, December 15, 2011

Weekly Challenge #52

Happy Monday everyone!

SO SORRY about the delay in the challenge.... we are starting to feel better...


First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • See Challenge #48's slideshow here 
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Hey everyone - check out my very first and possibly last vlog...  i apologize in advance for not wearing any makeup - but hey, i haven't slep in 5 days... i think i look pretty good!



So, in case you can't watch this video... you should hopefully be able to view it here on youtube


Weekly Challenge #52:  "give"

you are challenged to give away a Zentangled tile or ZIA - we are giving Artoo's pediatrician a tile, i'll post it when it's finished.

also, an important update is that i'll be taking a bloggy break over the holidays, returning on the SECOND Monday in January (which is the 9th, not the 10th as i said in the video) and i look forward to starting another year of challenges with all my Zentangle Besties!!
Merry Christmas Happy Holidays everyone!

Oh - and this challenge will remain open until my triumphant return on Jan 9, 2012.  :)
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine.  please? for me??


34 comments:

  1. So glad everyone's on the mend, Laura. Thanks for everything you've done for this community this year. You're inspiring :) I'll post my tile later tonight! Merry Christmas! (and enjoy a well-deserved holiday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the wonderful challenges you share! I'm sending this one out in the mail tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vlog - what a gift for all of us. Thanks for a wonderful year of challenges. Hope everyone's health is getting better and that you will have a fabulous holiday. Enjoy your break. Look forward to more challenges in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We are in tune with each other. I have been giving away my Zentangles and ZIAs by including them with each Christmas card I send out. Also, sometimes when I dine out, I leave my Zentangle/Zia on the table with my tip for the waitress/waiter. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your family is on the mend. I think it's wonderful of you to go ahead and find a challenge for us in spite of all you're going through. Have a great Christmas and an even greater New Year! Look forward to the New Year's challenges. Merry Christmas! God Bless!! Mel (Vicmelhorse) Melodie Dowell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Laura! I whish you and your family a very nice Christmas, too and a happy New Year! Also, to all members here: Have a snugly Christmas and an unforgettable New Year Party! Maybe till next year. Connie Frey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy! I also left mine with the server at lunch today. He came running out to give it back as though I had left it accidently. He was pleasantly surprised that he got to keep it. I think I will do this more often. Thanks, Laura for the inspiration you give to all of us. Carole Ohl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura - thank you for this gift of this site where we can come and play each week. I hope your Christmas is blessed with health and happiness. I can't wait to see what the new year holds. (Oh - I didn't post any pics of my "gifts" - I tend to forget to do that). Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea during time of the year! I started doing the challenges late around October after discovered Zentangles at end of September this year. I am so grateful for the challenges to keep me going with tangles. I am so delighted that the prayers had been answered for Laura's children being recovered from being poorly. Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and Happy new year to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been an awesome year of tangles and Challenges. I started tangling in January and you helped open up a community of fellow tangles who love it like I do. I hope your kiddos continue to feel better and take this time to take some pressure off yourself and just enjoy your family!! I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for us next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the challenge to give, in all different ways! I left mine with a server at Smokey Bones... done on one of their coasters.

    Hope you are resting and enjoying some time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, I wish you and your family happiness and great blessings for the holidays. You have brought together people from all over the world with your wonderful blog and weekly challenges. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishes to you and your gorgeous family for a safe, merry and bright Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Although I am also somewhat out of commission with a bad cold, I wanted to make my first post to a challenge. I will be taking a ZT class on January 8th, and looking forward to learning more about this fun, new(to me) art expression.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura - I started tangling this year and your challenges always inspire me - as do the personal moments with your family. Merry Christmas and thank you so much for sharing and challenging us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this thoughtful challenge, Diva..wishing you and your family the best of the season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas! May your holiday be joy-filled and your heart full of peace as you celebrate the "the reason for the season."

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thaks for giving us the new challenges each week. This one was a real thought-provoker!
    I am #24

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's great to share and I enjoyed giving away tangles all through the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the challenges. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your vlog! Hope you are enjoying your much needed time off with your family. Thanks so much for a year of inspiration!!! Always look forward to your challenges...so here's to 2012 and more fun to come!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This challenge was my favorite.
    I give the Sacred Heart of Mary, or I should say Mary gives her heart to anyone who needs it.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for the weekly challenges. As a new Zentangler, it helps me focus and practice. Best wishes for you and your family now and in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Laura, It has been a tremendous year for me after I discovered zentangles in general and your challenges in particular. Thank you very much for bringing together so many people from all over the world.
    I wish you and your family a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    Malathi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you enjoyed your holidays. Thank you for all you do for the Zentangle community. Wishing you and your family a healthy new year. I will be thinking of you all on the 24th as I wear my purple.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy new year, Everybody. Sounds like everybody had a nice Christmas like I was hoping. I look forward to next week and starting the weekly challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy New Year! Thanks for all you do with this challenge. I learn so much every week. My entry is one that I am donating for a silent auction at my son's school. It was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Laura, so glad you 'gave' yourself a well deserved break during the holidays. Hope you and your family enjoyed good health and an abundance of love and joy.

    Thank you for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have given away several, but managed to grab a photo of one finally...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello, I'm a Zentangling newbie. Your challenge looks so fun, I'm happy to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello, Thank you for all the effort you put into the weekly challenges, I'm looking forward to particapating. This week is my first week putting a tile into the challenge. I just started playing around with zentangles about 2 weeks ago. I'm VERY excited to get some more into my little book!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Welcome back! I'll be the first to admit that while I love your tangle, I'm not very fond of my rendition. I will have to play around with it some more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't believe it, I fisnished the 2011 year of Diva Challenges. I am so happy. I'm not exactly sure how long that it took me, but I believe about 3-4 month's. I am so happy and humbly proud of myself for completing the 2011 year of Diva Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!