Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekly Challenge #53

Happy Monday everyone!  Did you miss me??
I have to say that while i DID enjoy the time off, there was a part of me that felt like i was forgetting something important each Sunday night... it's nice to be back!

First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • See Challenge #49's slideshow here  
  • See Challenge #50's slideshow here 
  • See Challenge #51's slideshow here
  • See Challenge #52's slideshow here
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!

WOO!! Challenge #53!! Can you believe it? I sure can't.  I'm so thrilled to be hosting the second year of these weekly challenges.
You've all been so patient and i'm sure you're as itchin' to go as i am...
Let's jump right in, shall we?


Weekly Challenge #53: Diva Tangle - Undine

Sunday my amazing and wonderful husband B-rad had a birthday, so i want to dedicate this challenge to him.  He has been so supportive of this blog.  From editing my posts for me, to giving the occasional challenge idea...to naming the challenges... he's so understanding when i'm up tangling and typing frantically on Sunday night, and he is my number one biggest fan.  He watches the slideshows, he checks my blog hits and keeps me informed of where my counter's at.

A few weeks before Christmas, i came up with this tangle, and i named it "Undine".  Back on my giveaway post - someone mentioned that undine was their spambot verification word and professed their 'undine' love for Zentangle (I think it may have been Margaret Bremner?)

I knew when i did the tangle that i wanted to name it for the hubby, and threw around beerad, bierahd, or even b-rad - but nothing was right... then i remembered 'undine'.... and i thought it fitting.  My Undine love for my husband. :)  heart.
lots of room for variations
Here's the instructions and now my tile
Happy Birthday B-rad! (this tile reminds me of pacman)





Oh, and there is a new feature on the Weekly Challenge.  The first Monday of the month will feature one of YOUR tangles!! yes!

I figured it would be a great way to get some practice on those tangles that i see on your blogs and image hosting sites, but can't seem to find the time to get around to trying them out.

If you're interested in submitting a tile to the pool, click here or follow the tab "Use My Tangle" at the top of this page.  
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine.  please? for me??

48 comments:

  1. Yes,as a matter of fact, I did miss you and your challenges and news of the kiddos. Welcome back! Happy Birthday B-rad and happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have you back, Laura. Love your post. We all love B-rad, too! What a great start to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy challenges are back! Happy New year. Also thank you for Undine. It is a lovely tangle and we thank you Brad for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new tangle "undine" as well as the name; Happy birthday to your hubby.

    In addition to using your new pattern, I have also added a tangle pattern I created as well.

    Glad you're back - I love your weekly challenges - they always spark my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back - you were missed. Hope you family had a wonderful, healthy, restful holiday! Can't wait to try Undine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we missed you!

    I think of a honey comb when I see your tangle and the love that you have for your own honey of a man.

    Happy B'lated Birthday to your husband.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be dense, but I'm not sure what the challenge is this week? Is it to make a tangle using Undine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the challenge is to use the tangle somewhere in your work. :D

      Delete
  8. Thanks for hosting. Discovered Zentangle a few weeks ago and am now hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was way behind on my weekly challenges, then I finally caught up last weekend and did miss you when you announced the next challenge wouldn't be until today. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to a fellow Capricorn! I can't wait to try the tangle, Laura. Undine (or Ondine - pronouned Uhn-deen') is a water nymph of German folklore. A friend of mine from college had a daughter she named Ondine. I always thought it was such a beautiful name. But I like your pronunciation, too! Glad to be back in "challenge" mode.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to be a part of this challenge. I can't wait to see all the different Undines!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday B-rad! Thanks for being a star support to Our Diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you're back, I was looking forward to starting again. I'm also very happy that you have such a supportive man in your life....Happy Birthday B-rad (I'm a new years eve baby!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday B-rad. I had fun doing this tangle. However, I don't know why it came out square. I didn't start out that way. LOL! vicmelhorse Melodie Dowell

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear anonymous, yes - the challenge is to use the tangle UNDINE in your work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I missed this challenge! Undine is a great new pattern. It inspired me to a variation in my embroidery yesterday. I added the link in my challenge post. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Need a little help please. Tried posting my first weekly challenge to your site and don't think I did it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for Undine. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to be part of the weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was a fun tangle! Lots of possibilities... welcome back and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pleased to have you back and in action Laura.
    You are a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to be back to the challenges! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back, Laura..we missed you! Thanks so much for all that you and B-rad do on these weekly challenges. Hugs to both of you and your sweet kids! Looking forward to the 2012 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to have you back, Laura. I'm glad you took off some time off, though. If anyone deserved time off, it was you. I don't know how you keep up with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love this pattern, so much possibilities! Hope your battery is filled up again! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Did we miss you?!!! What kind of question is that? My Mondays were not the same without the challenge and I'm not even joking! Love the new tangle and can't wait for the next year of challenges. Welcome back Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE Undine and the many possibilities it offers! I am #35 for real, and #34 as a flubbed-up entry. Don't know why my copy & pasted web address got messed up, but it did, so disregard #34 please! I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  28. #37 I tried to do your new tangle pattern and I'm not so sure I did it well, but Iwill keep practicing and one day make you proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am a newbie to your site, and to tangles and wanted to show you my 5 x 7 thank you card to my daughter for some Christmas gifts. I incorporated her gift and used various tangles to decorate the gift and the spaces around the main subject of socks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday B-Rad! Thanks for such a great pattern! I can't wait to explore this one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Laura, hi doodles,

    it`s my first time with you all in this challenge. I saw a lot of wonderful artwork and started doodling by myself.

    Hugs from Germany and have a nice weekend,
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  32. Welcome back! Hope all is well on the homefront and the kids are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for the challenge to bring me back with my creativity! Happy birthday to B-rad! You are so lucky to have wonderful husband as I have my beloved husband that I am so lucky to married my husband last June. May 2012 bring more good and wonderful challenges for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello, I am a newbie to Zentangle, but am happy to participate in this challenge. I think I finally linked to the correct challenge number!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy New Year family Laura
    Happy Birthday B-rad!!
    Happy Health kiddos!!
    Happy Tangling!!.....missed you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy New Everything Laura and Fam. Glad you're back. Hope everything runs smoothly in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'ts great that you're back.
    Miss the challenge and how are you're kids?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great to have a new year of new challenges..the Zentangle ones...I really enjoyed your tangle..Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Diva! I posted my first ever challenge tangle. I've been lurking now for 6 months. I've learned a lot from your site. Happy Birthday to B-Rad and love to your two adorable boys. Happy New Year to you all. #49 Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  40. Entered my second entry as #51...worked on a different surface for this one. I've been loving all the ways Undine is being used! Sooo inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Welcome back! Birdie and I have missed you.

    I'll be the first to admit that while I love your tangle, I'm not very fond of my rendition. I will have to play around with it some more. Thanks for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh yes, indeed. I did miss you. I'm so glad that the new year is here along with you and your zentangle challenges. Here's hoping for a quiet, HEALTHY, fun-filled year! Thanks so much for being you. You are truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looking forward to the coming new year of challenges. So glad I found this blog last October & started drawing these tangle patterns. They make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello! Happy New Year everyone! I'm looking forward to starting these challenges with you. This is my first week starting these, I've been having fun so far :D

    Happy Birthday B-rad!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love undine - it's great to be back participating in the Diva's Challenge! Thanks Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Better Late than never they say. I have been participating in the Diva Challenge for the last several challanges but had no way to post them. With that problem now solved I am happy to start sharing my results with others.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!