I have to say that while i DID enjoy the time off, there was a part of me that felt like i was forgetting something important each Sunday night... it's nice to be back!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- See Challenge #49's slideshow here
- See Challenge #50's slideshow here
- See Challenge #51's slideshow here
- See Challenge #52's slideshow here
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
WOO!! Challenge #53!! Can you believe it? I sure can't. I'm so thrilled to be hosting the second year of these weekly challenges.
You've all been so patient and i'm sure you're as itchin' to go as i am...
Let's jump right in, shall we?
Weekly Challenge #53: Diva Tangle - Undine
Sunday my amazing and wonderful husband B-rad had a birthday, so i want to dedicate this challenge to him. He has been so supportive of this blog. From editing my posts for me, to giving the occasional challenge idea...to naming the challenges... he's so understanding when i'm up tangling and typing frantically on Sunday night, and he is my number one biggest fan. He watches the slideshows, he checks my blog hits and keeps me informed of where my counter's at.
A few weeks before Christmas, i came up with this tangle, and i named it "Undine". Back on my giveaway post - someone mentioned that undine was their spambot verification word and professed their 'undine' love for Zentangle (I think it may have been Margaret Bremner?)
I knew when i did the tangle that i wanted to name it for the hubby, and threw around beerad, bierahd, or even b-rad - but nothing was right... then i remembered 'undine'.... and i thought it fitting. My Undine love for my husband. :) heart.
|lots of room for variations|
|Happy Birthday B-rad! (this tile reminds me of pacman)|
I figured it would be a great way to get some practice on those tangles that i see on your blogs and image hosting sites, but can't seem to find the time to get around to trying them out.
If you're interested in submitting a tile to the pool, click here or follow the tab "Use My Tangle" at the top of this page.
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine. please? for me??