About Me

My Photo
The Diva tries her hand at wifedom and motherhood and dabbles in artsy things. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly Challenge #57

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Hey everyone!!

We had a busy week here, Artoo had some appointments with his medical team; and we got a date for his surgery to get his Ear Tubes - that's happening this month on the 17th.  I'm not looking forward to it, mostly cuz it will be a long day.  but i know it will benefit him in the end, hopefully no more ear infections.  Sigh. i'm so over those.  This Friday morning he woke up with a fever - which we hoped was due to teething, but Sunday afternoon we took him to the doctor... ear infection.  So, hopefully these antibiotics will kick in and he'll start feeling better.

ANNNNYWAY...

Have you guys checked out the Flickr pool for Carole Ohl's Tangle A Day Calendar?? Head on over and check it out, some amazing stuff over there...

but i digress...


Weekly Challenge #57: "UMT v. I"

Welcome to the new feature of the challenge: USE MY TANGLE!!

The first Monday of each month i will use one of YOUR tangles as the weekly challenge.  I came up with this feature because so many of you have created fabulous patterns, but i never seem to get around to trying them. (If you have a tangle you'd like to submit, follow this link or go to the USE MY TANGLE tab at the top, there.)

So this week, i used a random number generator do choose the lucky winner!  And this week's challenge is:
Tricia Faraone!
I was super stoked because you almost NEVER get #1 in the random generator.  Nice!! Also, i have been eyeing up her tangle Sanibelle for quite some time.  I was happy to dive in and play with it!

To find the directions for this tangle, please follow this link to her site it's such a fun and delicate pattern, and i can see this finding it's way into my repertoire!

i love love LOVE this tangle

So, to reiterate: This week's challenge is to learn and use the tangle Sanibelle, created by Tricia Faraone, CZT!! Congratulations Tricia, and have fun everyone!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

40 comments:

  1. Laura, thank you for sharing tangles with us from other challengers. Wow, what a exciting chance to explore. Tricia, thank you for Sanibelle. It is versatile and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I love your take on 'Sanibelle' on the left. Beautiful tile. Hope I can come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Am The Dive Challenge 57. 2/6/12
    I really liked this one. I'm calling it "The Camoflage that Almost Worked". for obvious reasons. Lots of fun to do this one. I came across a different pen in my stash. It's a Sharpie 9P whatever that stands for. I love it. I've been tangling all weekend while my husband had to work. I find it very relaxing to "return to my roots". I feel like zentangle started it all for me. Melodie Dowell vicmelhorse

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun challenge. I really like that you are posting challenges of tangles created by your followers.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tricia for coming up with this beautiful tangle. I can't wait to see all the other challenge pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only recently discovered Zentangles, I really enjoy doing them! I'm a graphic designer, and artist, and I spend a ton of time on the computer, I love getting back to basic, painting and drawing by hand again, and doing the small tiles is quick and relaxing. This is only my second challenge with you, looking forward to more in the weeks to come. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do Iget to the slide shows of challenges after number 53, or haven't they been put up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sanibelle, and a quick look at some of the entries shows just how beautiful it can be. Thanks for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this challenge. Thanks for this. I know that I will find some new favorites this way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh! This Tangle is so cute! I discovered this tangle about a Month ago. Sweet!

    Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this challenge, Laura! I haven't used this tangle in a while :) And congratulations on winning Most Interesting Blog! That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sanibelle has been an obsession of mine for awhile ~ one of my favorite tangles! I love it in white on black especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tile!! and Congrats once again!!
    Good luck with the op

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tile Laura! Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had not used this tangle in a while so it was nice to work with it again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo, I am pretty new in Tangleland, just created my blog, but once figured out how to do, I will love to take part at your challanges!Greeting from germany!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats many time over, Laura. And Thanks, Tricia for a really great tangle. I love this one and the way you deconstructed the shape makes it so easy. Gets me in a tangling groove that I don't want to stop:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't realize that your (our) site had won the award. Congratulations! It is well deserved and I am proud to be a part of your audience.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this new monthly feature, Laura! Sanibelle is really a lovely tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoyed my time tangling Sanibelle and Friends! Thank you for the UMT Challenge, Laura! And thank you, Tricia, for a wonderful tangle. It's challenging and yet comfortable. Each time I see it, it seems to have a personality all its own.

    Congratulations, Laura!!! #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving Sanibelle, Thanks Tricia and Laura.
    Fabulous tile Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations and thanks for this weeks challenge. I am still a beginner and I like Sanibelle quite a lot. It's a fun pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Laura, for your outstanding achievement!!! And thank you, Tricia, for the pretty tangle pattern. I really enjoyed doing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous work you did! Thank you to Tricia for beautiful tangle - Sanibelle! I am glad that I got the chance of using black paper and white pen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not quite getting the hang of this one, but I'll keep trying...everyone has done beautiful work and I love seeing what you all do.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Sanibelle. Hope you like what I did with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was a very quick one. Done in 15 minutes of completely unexpected me-time :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like "sanibelle". Thanks for introducing it! And thanks to Tricia for creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was a fun tangle to do, thanks for all the great challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am sooooooo jealous! You guys all do such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I linked mine to my homepage again! I promise I'll do it properly next time, cross my heart!

      Delete
  31. I love Sanibelle and enjoyed this challenge very much. When you download for the slide show - I have a couple other graphics on my page - please just ignore them. It didn't make sense to do three blog entries, when one would do. I could draw this tangle all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is my first entry to the Challenge and I must say I hit the 'submit' button with a bit of trepidation. But I've fallen in love with tangling and want to be part of this community. Thank you, Diva, for this site and challenge. It has been a big inspiration to me as a "newbie"! I love Sanibelle.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am sharing pretty late. My tile this week is in honor of two very good friends who lost their 12 month old grandchild this past week. Thank you for providing this space of healing as well as sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just submitted my second tile featuring Sanibelle...now I'm off to catch up on what everyone else has turned in! Thanks for yet another great challenge, Laura; I'm looking forward to whatever you have in store for us on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I know this challenge is a little late, but I figured out how to post what I have on my Flickr until I can figure out how to access my Blog from my computer at work. Most of the entries I posted is from work.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This tangle is near and dear to my heart because I used to live near Sanibel Island in Florida :o)

    Amy
    Time for Teaching

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!