Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekly Challenge #61

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Happy Monday, all.

It's been a really exhausting week - after Artoo's MRI he was sleepy and clingy for a few days.  For the last couple of days his throat has been bothering him so it's been pretty tense.  Part of his syndrome is that his swallow is weak, so when his throat is sore he really doesn't handle saliva well and ends up choking.

Fun times.

and now my throat is sore.

fun times....

so, anyway - short post this week...


Weekly Challenge #61: "UMT v.II"

Welcome to the second installment of UMT (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to use a tangle created by YOU!  If you don't know about UMT - here's the scoop:  The first Monday of each month will feature a home-made tangle - chosen at random from the linky list here.   Anyone who has created their own tangle is eligible for submission, providing it follows the guidelines listed here.
The challenge, then, is to learn the new tangle and to use it in your tile or Zentangled inspired piece.  

So!
Using the random number generator, this week's tangle comes to us from Mariët, called GOLVEN, which is the Dutch word for waves..  you can find instructions for her tangle here.

fun fun fun!
This is a great pattern for stripes, or borders... it also makes use of the Zentangle technique 'rounding', where the edges of the lines are thickened, or 'rounded'.

Have Fun!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

39 comments:

  1. How nice to see my tangle Golven for this weeks Challenge.
    I look forward to see how it's going to be used..
    Your tile is realy beautiful Laura.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariet I love this tangle...thank you for putting it is the sharing pool. Laura, your tile is an inspiration! I so hope you are feeling better. I really think you are a wonderful example of strength for all you us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really hard tangle for me. I did it twice. I worked and worked on it when I realized my morning was gone. So I quit. I never figured out what rounding was so I just did waves with whitecaps. Not happy with this one. But glad for the challenge!! 3/5/12 Thanks Laura!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice tangle pattern - also fun to learn a new word in a different language.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first weekly challenge entry. eek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this tangle pattern! I had seen it but never tried it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my second try at waves. I still don't know what the rounding is. I don't think I got it right. But I do like this a little better. I don't like these tiny tiles. I like more room to work. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this pattern, thanks!! I am # 16 and 17.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting! Fun pattern. Hope you all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great tangle and it's use as a border is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this tangle pattern! Love the week challenge and hope to participate more often!

    Amy Cain
    Time for Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, I want to thank everyone who takes the time to look at and comment on the challenge entries... the support and encouragement for everyone is wonderful. Second, Laura, thank you for putting out new challenges each week. They take me out of my comfort zone, give me focus, and I love to see how many interpretations there are for each challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed this new tangle!! Get well soon guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so very much enjoy to see everyone working with my tangle.
    It'a feast to see all the ZT's and ZIA's with it.
    Thanks everyone and especially Laura for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally decided on an idea and got it done last night. It is a pretty complex design...Golven. Sometime I might try it again as an edge. It really comes alive when you round the edges. I can't wait to see what everyone else did with it! Yours, is really beautiful, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Golven! Thanks for the excuse to use it again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am unable to comment on a couple of the participants challenges or even see them! I tried Joyce Evans and chaitealuvr87 to no avail!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tangle for a challenge! Really enjoyed this and can't wait to see all the other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Het was leuk deze hollandse uitdaging!
    Lot of fun this dutch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did not use Golven as a border; that was my challenge to me. It turned out rather well, don't'cha think??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely challenge from a talented tangler! can't wait for next week.

      Delete
  21. Love you tile, Laura. Golven was a great tangle for this challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Mariet!! That was great fun. Love your art! And thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like Golven and had to do several tiles until I felt satisfied that I'd done it (at least a little) justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoyed this week's challenge - thanks to Mariet's fun pattern, everyone's tiles are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a cute pattern. I think I may have used it before, but I can't remember which project.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just discovered Zentangles, and I decided to try the challenge to kind of get me started. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks for having the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I couldn't resist trying this great new tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Barely finished a tile for this Challenge, but after sitting ou a few weeks, I was eager to start contributing again. Now that I've posted, I look forward to enjoying what everyone else has done! I wouldn't let myself look until I'd contributed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mine is a liberal interpretation of Gloven but true in spirit I think

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wee... I just submitted my first ever entry to this challenge. I only used golven on a small portion of my card, but I really liked it, so I'll be using it again for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you all for the beautiful work you did with Golven!
    It was a fantastic week for me to see so many people enjoy this tangle.
    Thanks again Laura!
    You mean a lot to all of us Tanglers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ok here am I, too late with my #61 *lol* , was already wondering why I found cahllenge #62 on some blogs. I have drawn my tile #61 this morning and right away came her to post it in time on fryday lol, ...may be somebody comes and sees it though its too late ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so very much for the sample - finally figured out what rounding is -really enhances the tangle

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like Golven, thanks for introducing it to us!! http://tictactangle.blogspot.com/2013/01/all-lined-up.html

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!