Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekly Challenge #63

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!

Well, i'm happy to report that - for the most part - we have all recovered from that wacky virus we all got. And for that, i'm thankful. That cold was a big ol' nasty jerk, and i'm happy that it's outta here.

The weather warmed up this week - a huge change from that winter storm i posted about last week.

Artoo rocking out in his first ever wagon ride
This week we had a chance to get out and go for a walk as a family.  After a long winter of being cooped up in doors, it was...awesome.  Fresh air, sunshine, new adventures...  Artoo touched a pointy pine tree, Chewie rode his imaginary bike, B-rad and i even held hands (!!) for a bit!
yay spring! (Even after all these years, B-rad still makes me Twitterpated)
Chewie splashing in puddles - what fun!

When not riding his imaginary bike, Chewie took every opportunity to jump in puddles along the way, and i took every opportunity to snap photos.  What an age we live in now, when i think of all the moments i've been able to capture simply because i'm carrying my phone....happy place!!

It's amazing how much a little bit of sunshine changes my whole life perspective.  Getting up in the morning with sun on my face makes me feel more equipped to face the day. We are pumped for summer over here.


Weekly Challenge #63: New Official Tangle "Fengle"
You may have noticed lately, that a new tangle has been popping up in mine and the work of my fellow CZTs.  Rick and Maria gave us this fun spirally tangle just before Christmas to play with and teach in our Zentangle classes....and it is fun!

And just this weekend they have posted the instructions in the Zentangle Newsletter here, along with some beautiful examples of Rick and Maria playing with this tangle. 

It's called "Fengle" - and the story goes that it was named after a Sushi restaurant called "Fengs", which is pronounced 'fangs'.   So, Fengle should, in theory, rhyme with Tangle?  CUTE!

Something to remember when trying this one out - is that all the curves are gentle "s" curves.  This is an example of a tangle where i REALLY found that turning your tile (or notebook, or paper, or whatever) to be very helpful, to keep all my petals gentle. 

Fengle!

This is truly one of the more 'tricky' tangles, and by tricky i mean that it requires a bit more concentration than some.  Remember to place your lines deliberately, breathe, and smile.

I love the look of this tangle, but i admit, i haven't quite discovered the 'flow' of it; it's natural tangle rhythm as it were.  But practice makes awesome, so i'll keep practicing.


Now it's your turn to get all Fengled up!

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

29 comments:

  1. Your tile is gorgeous! I really love this new tangle but it is not easy for me. I hope to be able to make it as beautiful as you have by the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new tangle was fun. Loved your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this opportunity and for sharing your patterns. I really liked it and I hope to improve

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute tangle pattern. I like the different variations put into this tangle pattern each time it's drawn. Maria alone drawn this pattern several ways. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun! Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you and your family are feeling better! Thanks for making Fengle the challenge this week - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it great, spring?! We've had some sunshine too in Holland this weekend, good for the troubled bones :-) Happy to hear you and yours are doing better. Sending you lot's of sunshine for more healing...
    Thanks for the challenge, I love this new tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've posted a link for my first-attempt onsie, but I want to try to make one more like your more complicated loopy one, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a tough one for me, but I am glad I gave it a shot. Thanks for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this one. Reminded me of old fashioned pin wheels!! Thanks so much Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this tangle... and loved getting to play with it for today's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Fengles they look like big sunshines!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh a toughie for my first challenge but what wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this challenge. Fengle is one of my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a bit of a hard time with this one, but I finished my attempt. Not sure how good it is though lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops! Pressed the wrong button the first time! My actual entry is the second one! I love the fact that while you're all playing in teh snow, we're in teh last throws of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seem to be havint ID10T issues with Mr Linky tonight. LOL! I submitted it earlier but it is gone now. So I did it again... and it didn't show... and again. Maybe I am on probation. ;) Such a trouble maker I am! Hope I didn't make too much of a mess

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always fun to work with a new tangle - Haaa - maybe that's what inspired me to not wait until the last minute to complete the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another good challenge...love Fengle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It took me a while, but I think I finally got it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm new at this. Just discovered Zentangle and I'm in love! I absolutely love to view everyone's rendition of the challenge. You are all so inspiring. I am taking a class from a CZT in Anaheim, CA this Saturday. Can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my first time doing the challenge, so I'm excited to be part of the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Challenge Indeed! Thanks for another good one Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  24. not sure why I had trouble figuring this one out enough to be happy with the results.....it took all week mulling over it!!! lol....now time to look at all the other works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is my second challenge entry. Thanks so much for providing that gentle push that inspires a tangle frenzy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two solutions to this week's Challenge - thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a joy, what a variety, a feast for the eyes.
    This is what i wrote some times. I realy enjoyde watching al the different fengle's.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fengle is certainly a favorite. I'm a little late, but had a great time with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!