Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekly Challenge #65

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone.

This week B-rad and i were actually able to get out of our house, together, with no kids.  We haven't been on a 'date' since the night before Artoo was born in October of 2010.   We have been training my mom to look after Artoo, and do his special feeds and medications and to use our suction machine for this reason - In May B-rad and i are going to drive to Edmonton to see Roger Waters perform The Wall!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

Saturday night, my mom actually stayed over night to do a 'dry' run, while B-rad and i got some nachos.  She got up with Artoo all night, and we slept in the guest room. It was awesome.  For us, not so much for mom.

Our poor little Artoo just hasn't had very much luck lately.  He has another round of tonsillitis, and just today he started sneezing and is now into another cold.  yeah. 

Weekly Challenge #65: "UMT v.III"

Welcome to the Third THRILLING installment of UMT (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to use a tangle created by YOU!  If you don't know about UMT - here's the scoop:  The first Monday of each month will feature a home-made tangle - chosen at random from the linky list here.   Anyone who has created their own tangle is eligible for submission, providing it follows the guidelines listed here.

The challenge, then, is to learn the new tangle and to use it in your tile or Zentangled inspired piece.
Huggy Bear!


So!
Using the random number generator, this week's tangle comes to us from JJ LaBarbera, called HUGGY BEAR, which is a cute play on the official Tangle Huggins.   You can find instructions for her tangle here.


I can see lots of fun ways to use this tangle in the future, i love the idea of circles nicely stacked - but i love how my lines went a little wonky.  it added to the 'charm' of the tangle.  :D

Thank you JJ, this is a great tangle to play with!  
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

32 comments:

  1. "We don't need no education..." - Have fun with the wall! Your tile is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I love what you did with "Huggy Bear" it is so clever. The texture is fantastic! I really love this pattern and am glad that it was our challenge, thank you JJ! I am happy for you and B-rad that you have so much support from your mother. I hope that Artoo gets better real soon. Some times life is just plain hard but I see a pearl of great price coming out of your hardships, you are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, Give yourself a big hug today. You deserve it! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! What a wonderful Monday you have turned this into. :) Your Huggy Bear is so fun and exciting! Enjoy your concert. That sounds like it is going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to start each week! This was a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting - you liked the organic-ness of your tangle (and so do I) and I'm not crazy about the same thing in mine. Ah well, my mind has been expanded. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with Huggy Bear in your tile. Enjoy your concert, and all the best to Artoo, your mom, and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had SO much fun exploring Huggy Bear and related tangles. Thanks for the challenge and thanks to JJ for creating and sharing Huggy Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this challenge. Although it took me two tries to get one I would post. LOL! I seem to be in a mindless funk and cannot get out. Will keep trying. I am torn away from tangling and I just know my watercolors are waiting. Gotta try harder to use them together. Thanks Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, JJ and Laura! I had fun with this bubbly tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first piece of Zentangle Inspired Art and I think I'm hooked! I did some messing up, but I still love it! :D Thanks for introducing me to this new avenue to artistic joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a fun tangle....I didn't like it when I first started, but as I added value to it, I came to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the concert!! and thanks for the lovely challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, I messed up too, got all confused...but went for it. Glad I did, it certainly was a challenge. Thanks for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, so this is how old I am...I bought "The Wall" when it came out on vinyl! I love how some things never get old. Have fun at the concert. You deserve a night out with your hubby and no kids! Thanks for another fun challenge, Laura & JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love doing these challenges - they make me uncomfortable - but take me outside of a comfort zone I enclose myself in. But maybe more importantly, I love to see what others are doing - the creativity is mind boggling! It's also so neat to read the incidentals that go along with each entry, and the very supportive comments. What a great Zentangle community!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like this pattern a lot... there are so many ways to vary it. Most of mine were unintentional when I was first playing with it. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had a lot of fun this weeks. Thanks to both Laura and JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another wonderful challenge with so many amazing entries.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn't used this tangle before so it was nice to learn it and put it in the challenge tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks JJ for the great tangle and big thanks Laura for another awesome challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Awesome tile Laura! Hope you have a wonderful date night and preparations getting ready for it get easier for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. At last... I've managed to post my challenge on time!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope little Artoo is doing better...sending the little cutie a hug! Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. As a bonus, you get pictures of our trip for NM. (The huggy bear is on the 2nd tile.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Huggy Bear pattern is so cute. I completed my 65th Weekly Challenge and posted it.

    Poor Artoo. Didn't the little fellow get pnemonia last year? You guys live in snow-country, too. That don't help. Hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a bit late posting as I was away.

    I hope Artoo is on the mend soon x

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!