First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
A few good things of note:
- Today marks my 200th post!! Hooray!! :) so exciting.
- My foot is feeling much better now, and only hurts when i've been on my feet all day.
- Artoo didn't seem to get any more red spots, so we have hopefully skipped the chicken pox.
- I managed to get some slideshows up and running!! if you missed them this week, here they are: "#66 Laura's Auras", "#58 Four Diamonds", "#59 Mardi Gras", "#60 DuoTangle v.III Cirquital/Munchin"
- we got our internet upgraded this week, and i did some laptop cleaning, so things are moving a bit faster now. hopefully i can get another 4 slideshows up and running this week. We'll see!
- it's the annual countdown to my birthday!! (WOOT WOOT!!) I'll be 32 on the 12th of May... i still feel 22....
Chewie and i did some painting outside this week... we are both so excited that the weather is getting nicer - although it's supposed to rain all week. Boo.
|me and chewie, sayin' hello!|
Weekly Challenge #68: "DuoTangle v.IV: Hybrid/Strircles"
This week's challenge is to create a DuoTangle using the two official tangles Hybrid and Strircles
|nuthin' but strircles and hybrid|
Y'know, i really love these duo-tangle challenges.
For those of you who are new to the weekly challenge (waves hello!! Welcome here!!) a Duotangle is a tile done using only two tangles (and tangleations/variations of those tangles). This is another one of those instances of finding the elegance of limitation.
When you are limited you find creativity in unexpected places, and to me - that is the essence of Zentangle. Finding that beauty, that spark - in a place you weren't expecting, because there is no plan. What a wonderful piece of joy that is.
OOH! and don't forget that next week is a Use My Tangle challenge, so if you have a tangle you've created, click on this link to see if it follows the guidelines - and maybe next week's challenge will be YOUR tangle!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address). The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient. thanks. HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??