Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekly Challenge #69

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone.

We had a nerdy day on May 4th, as it's Star Wars Day all over the world... (May the Fourth be with you) - so the boys got their inner geek on... (Yes, my boys internet names - Chewie and Artoo are Star Wars names)
The Dark Side has never looked so cute

Rain Rain go away... come again another day.... this week has been pretty rainy, so it's been a little bit crazy cabin-fevery up in here.  That, and i think that it may be Chewie's turn to feel not so hot.  I'm not sure what's going on, but he's been very cranky, moody, ornery, and just a peach to be around. :)

Here's a quick adorable photo of Artoo:
Mr. Cute - his BIG smile
This week i actually made it out to Hot Yoga - after what seemed like ages... it was awesome.  My wonderful hubby B-rad practically pushed me out the door Tuesday Night... my mom came over that night to help out with Bedtime so i didn't feel so guilty about leaving.  Also, more grandma preparation for our trip to see The Wall this month in Edmonton (about 5 hours away) - and also prep for B-rad and i to have a much needed official date night...

I'm so excited, i can hardly stand it... on Saturday (May 12) i turn 32 and B-rad and i are going to go out for curry at the most wonderful Indian place, then off to see the new Johnny Depp flick... a WHOLE night out?? i'm so pumped.
this is my second ever Zendala -
it has nothing to do with this week's challenge,
i just wanted to share it, cuz it's perrrrdy.  :D


Weekly Challenge #69: "UMT v.IV: Groovy"
I was so happy that the random number generator landed on #26... Eden from Cut'n It Up has this wonderful tangle that i've been eyeing up for some time now.... so i was thrilled to use it this week!
Feelin' Groovy!!
I love the flowy curvy lines, it was tricky for me at first - and it probably didn't help that i started with the section on the left, the asymmetrical section, as opposed to the right side, the more uniform side... it was tricky to get the 'flow' but once i got the flow, there was no stopping me!  

What's sweet about Groovy is that it looks like a curvy version or tangleation of Keeko, but it's executed differently.  You can see instructions on how to create this great tangle on her blog here.

For those of you who don't know about this feature, UMT is short for Use My Tangle - a feature wherein i select one of the tangles that YOU created as the challenge for the week.  The UMT will happen the first Monday of the month, and if you have a tangle that you'd like to submit to this, you can use the link above, or follow this link here
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

41 comments:

  1. Love your zendela! This week's challenge was a real challenge for me, but that's what challenge's are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I am honored to have my tangle in the challenge this week. I can't wait to see what other people do with it! I will have to get busy with a new one of my own. Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zendala is so fantastic! I love how drop dead gorgeous it is! Also, your tile of the groovy challenge gives new meaning to the word groovy, it is fantabulous! Thanks for sharing with us so many triumphs and trials that come your way. Also, Eden, "groovy" is so much fun to play with, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Zendala, Laura it is very Perrrdy indee! Groovy is a fun challenge too. Thank you for all you do for the Zentangle community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your Zendala is Perrdy awwsum :) Thanks for the lovely challenge and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish You much fun On your birthday and enjoy the dinner and movie.
    Kisses for yedais and a big hug for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. i found groovy to be a little challenging for me to draw. my hand doesn't want to work in those directions - haha! this was really fun - i will continue to work on this pattern this week and see if i can get it down! thanks, laura! have a great week :) - and i'm totally jealous - a birthday dinner AND johnny depp!!! lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You share a birthday with my "anam cara" (soul friend)! Congrats and enjoy your night out! I haven't been able to participate for awhile. I'm busy working on a dissertation. But I'm enjoying what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great challenge. Thank you, Laura, for the inspiration and all the effort you put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the challenge. This is a fun tangle. And thanks for sharing your Zendala well, very lovely.
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another fun challenge. Your Zendala looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura, love the challenge, love the Zendala and especially love the pics of the boys. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. May the 4th be with you. Thanks again for the challenge. I love your mandala. I tried my first color mandala using Groovy and my first personal tangle "Me Three". A good week for firsts thanks for giving me the inspiration.

    Have a super Week.
    Warmest Regards,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally IN LOVE with GROOVY! Thanks for all the challenges you organize Laura! love 'n greetz, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the challenge, I had some problems with this pattern, I'll try it again tonight, but there are no mistakes in Zentangle, so I finished the drawing and posted it on my blog to share with you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great challenge! Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Laura! Love your Zendala and your tile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. After a zentangle break I am back ;-) hope I will hang on. I love the groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not quite sure I have the hang of this one yet but it was fun anyhoo! :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. While I had a little trouble with this tangle to start with, I persevered and ended up with something I liked. Thanks Erin, your instructions were supurb. And thanks to the Diva for doing all the work so we can do so much play!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Groovy photos!
    Groovy Zendala!
    Groovy tangle!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful happy week you are having! Happy Birthday, happy date night, congrats to all the family. This pattern was a really tough challenge! But I got it finally for the most part. Your tangle is beautiful as usual, Laura. Now on to see how many of the other artists I can get through this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laura, the pics you posted of the kids are so cute. I wandered into a toy store I'd never been in before a couple of weeks ago and the WHOLE PLACE had nothing but Star Wars toys. So you're in good company. lol

    I had a hard time with this pattern, but I think it's one of those you just have to keep working at until it clicks. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for another great challenge Laura! Love the pics of the kids! Happy Birthday as well. (It was my birthday yesterday - great month to have a birthday in.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Zendala and tile! Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved this challenge. It left me Feelin' Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooooh, my second tile came in at #69 - That's simply shagalicious. Goove on!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this challenge, Your tile is Stunning Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I made it! I also struggled with the challenge but if I didn't it wouldn't be a challenge, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I finally gotten around to posted Weekly Challenges 67, 68 and 69 (which I got in on time). I love that Grovin tangle. Love your sons Star Wars Costumes! I purchased the circular tiles kit, but I haven't tangled on them yet, but I used one of the tiles to draw a cirular string for my Weekly Challenge 69. I forgotten how much fun it is to draw a circular Zentangle Design.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Phew! Made it at zero hour! Since I never postd last weeks challenge, I've merger last weeks and this weeks in one tile! Sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect Zentangle challenge! "Slow down, you move too fast...." Thanks Laura and Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love what everyone has done with Groovy, what a delightful tangle, even though I have trouble with it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just in time to add my work in, phew! Nice idea to use 'Use My Tangle' and combine with my lettering work that I have been working on. Just finish it today. Look forward to next challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for this week's challenge! Loved it :) And happy birthday! Enjoy celebrating with B-rad and Johnny (he's my fave!)!

    ReplyDelete
  36. A day late, but better late than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  37. eeks, accidently put this week's challenge down with last weeks - can't work out how to delete it - hope you can delete for me!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Laura, above you wrote "Mr Cute with his BIG smile". I have seen a bigger simle of Mr Cute. Look at the picture were he is eating ice cream. If this is not a bigger smile.... I don't know!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      Artoo doesn't eat ice cream yet, so i'm thinking you probably mean my older son Chewie. But yes, Chewie's smile in the ice cream pic is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  39. Hi Laura,

    I did'nt mean the pictures on WC #62. I meant WC #55. You gave Artoo something special (frozen fruit) and on this picture I can see a smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!