Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekly Challenge #73

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone.

What a week for B-rad and I! Oh my god, our trip to Edmonton was SOOOO amazing.  Roger Waters put on the BEST SHOW...... OF MY LIFE!!  But the icing on the cake to the totally awesome stage show was being there, on the floor, experiencing it with B-rad.

Building up the Wall, i can't believe how great our seats were....

All together now: Mawwwwwwwww  <3

We don't need no education....
 Rexall Place in Edmonton holds approx 13,000 people, and let me tell you at the very end of the show, when every voice in the room was screaming TEAR DOWN THE WALL - it was super intense...

So intense.
It was so great to be able to reconnect with my husband, to share this amazing historic Rock and Roll event together, and to sleep... the whole night through... and to sleep in! and eat breakfast together, and to visit our friend, and yes, even to spend the 6 hours in a car together!

I drove on the way home, so when i saw the sign for Canada's largest Pysanka Egg - i took us off the beaten path to check it out.

TANGLES!!
 it's beautiful, and it makes my little Zentanglin' heart sing! (Someone wanna figure out those little tri-corner-"Y" triangles in the top left?)

UPDATE: I got an email today from my fellow CZT, Maria Vennekens from the Netherlands.  We attended the same CZT seminar back in May of 2010.  She's deconstructed the tri-corner "Y" pattern into a tangle she calls: Sankegg.... enjoy!
I put this tangle up in Flickr, hopefully you can find a larger version there
 "Sankegg", Maria Vennekens CZT


all in all, it was (just a brick in the wall) the best road trip ever.  :)


Weekly Challenge #73: UMT v.V: Bridgen


This month's UMT* (Use MY Tangle) challenge comes to us courtesy of Carole Ohl's partner in Crime (Also a CZT) Daved!

You can see the steps here on her blog as well as detailed instructions on how to bridge the gap, if you will.  Thank you Daved, i had fun with this.
Bridgen
 This tangle can be super simple, or super intricate - this one took much longer than i had anticipated (poor B-rad is waiting patiently for me to finish this post so we can watch Game of Thrones season 2's finale - i took so long tangling) - but it's really fun! i will try it again, for sure!! 

*If you don't know about UMT - here's the scoop:  The first Monday of each month will feature a home-made tangle - chosen at random from the linky list here.   Anyone who has created their own tangle is eligible for submission, providing it follows the guidelines listed here. (Please read the guidelines)
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

Sorry, i was informed that some links weren't operational, and that the linkey machine was missing... hopefully everything's good now.  :D

36 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. So glad you had such a good time on your getaway!!! I hope you're able to do it more often in the future. Just wanted to let you know that although it may just be me, I think you forgot to attach the link to Carole's instructions for Daved's tangle. For anyone looking it's easy to find on her blog, Open Seed Arts, however, by going to the left side and clicking on it in at her alphabetical list of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is the linkey machine? I need to post mine but i can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also couldn't find the link to Carole's instructions, but found it on google. Here it is:
    http://openseedarts.blogspot.com/2011/11/bridging-love.html. Hope somebody finds it useful. And Laura, I'm glad you and B-rad had such a good time. I remember how difficult it is to find alone adult time when you have small children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I think your tile is quite nice. I use this tangelation quite often and always like the result.
    I'm glad for you, that you and B-rad had such a wonderful time!! Think you 'earned' it. And your mam, did she have a good time with the boys?
    O, I also miss the linkey machine.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  6. No linkey for me either. Oh well when it arrives I will be back. Laura I love to see how much fun you had this past week. It shows in your tile. Joyous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that your Mom is trained I hope you and B-rad get out more. Nothing like happy parents to have happy babies.

    Maybe you had to good a time with the little slips on this post. Glad to know the Diva is way human!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No linkey Machine :(
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owllovingapril/7336929900/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to FB Laura and SOS from us all, but that wouldn't go through. I'll bet she's either catching up with the kiddios or taking a nice "after the getaway" rest today. LOL

    Just to help out a bit until Laura gets here and since links don't work in the comments section here, Carole's blog site address is: OpenSeedArts.blogspot.com And, the instructions for Bridgen are on the left margin listed in alphabetical order with Carole's other tangle instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea!! the linky thing is up! Great Challenge as the UMT always is. Glad you had a well deserved getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorraine (isleofskyelorry on Flickr)June 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

    I've just entered my very first zentangle in your weekly challenge, Laura. I'm a newbie, rather nervous and I hope I didn't break any rules with the liberties I took with Bridgen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this tangle pattern, it's so cute. I still have two other Challenges I have to complete and post. Look forward to Mondays now because of these weekly challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another great challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Laura, your bridgen tile reminds me of a crowd swaying and bopping to the music.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks interesting! With the UMT we can use other tangles with the tangle of the week, right?
    You two are such a CUTE COUPLE! Glad you had a blast! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Lisa - feel free to use as many other tangles as you like. :D

      Delete
  16. Thanks for another fun challenge - I get to see the weekly challenges on my Monday nights - which is your Monday morning!! - I couldn't wait to start even though it was close to midnight. I do look forward to the challenges as I get to try tangles/patterns I may not normally use. I'm glad you had a tonne of fun and that egg looks exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear you had a wonderful time at the concert and your little get-away. Thank you so much for another wonderful challenge, I had fun with bridgen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this tangle. Thanks for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great fun working on these this week. Took me longer than usual to get it posted but I couldn't stop tangling or decide which to post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay Maria! she beat me to it! Could you post a larger version so we can print it???
    Glad you two had such a wonderful time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you had such a great time--you guys certainly deserve it and Pink Floyd puts on such an awesome show! Now having fun with Bridgen! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad your get away was so much fun! I love how you used this tangle! Thanks, Laura & Daved.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Laura, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for awhile... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!
    Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! I am in love with Bridgen - I totally lose track of time once I get started! Thanks for encouraging us to discover new tangles Laura! Huge thanks to Carole Ohl for this tangle. Hey, I'm going to be in Ohio next week - Cedar Point and King's Island - hmmmm, where is your Bead Shop?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your Bridgen tile Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you had a great date night getaway! Looked like a nice day for a road trip in your picture with the egg. Thanks for sharing, what a cool piece of public outdoor art.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Couldn't stop tangeling. laundry piling up... yikes. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was so so happy to hear that you had a great time on your mini vacation. Thanks much for passing along sankegg. I'm looking forward to playing with it. I love your tile.
    As always, I so enjoyed your challenge. Thank you for taking the time to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You and B-rad look so happy!! I see a twinkle in his eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so looking forward to doing this challenge several more times. Thanks for the fun!

    I know a few others who went to that concert on different days and they all commented on how amazing it was. Glad you got some time to yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  31. After a long weekend of celebrating the Jubilee, I really enjoyed playing with this tangle and combining it with a red white and blue theme.

    It looks like you both had a fantastic time at the concert and had some well deserved time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your tangle of the week, Laura. I have had 3 weeks of different house guests(it seems to be feast or famine!) so have not done a single piece of art work in that time. Am now suffering with pink eye so can't see very well. i hope to be back on track next week. have a good week everyone..

    ReplyDelete
  33. So very glad you had a fabulous date. Great chance to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great pictures! Great Challenge! Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I loved this challenge, thank you. Hope my this goes directly to my blog, I seem to have some problem with it.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!