First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
we're going to jump right to the challenge today... Artoo spent the weekend in the hospital under observation for a viral respiratory infection. He's home now, but is still far from well. Our family is recovering.
Weekly Challenge #76: "Home"
The first weekend in July is our Patriotic Holiday here in Canada - July 1st being Canada Day. Also, Independence Day is July 4th - so why not celebrate our homes in this week's challenge?
I live in Saskatchewan, prairie country - land of blizzards and 2' snow falls in the winter and in the summer; blowing wheat or yellow canola fields, The Saskatchewan Roughriders (our CFL Football team - not that i'm a big football fan...at all....) big blue skies - calm blue and serene or thunderous and wild, or dancing with colour thanks to the Northern lights
|summer storms out my front door - not edited, the sky really was this colour|
The challenge is to create a tile or ZIA using your home as inspiration. Your country, your province or state, your home town, or even your own backyard.
Happy Canada Day fellow Canucks!! (and a happy Independence Day to our Yankee neighbours to the South!)
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address). The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient. thanks. HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??