Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekly Challenge #77

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone.
Artoo is slowly but surely getting better - he's still recovering, add some teething issues on top of that - which has left us with a very trying and exhausting week... again.  life. oh, our lives.

In the middle of this exhausting week - we had a night of crazy wind and thunder storms. We were on Tornado watch and the power was out from 4:45pm until ten to midnight. 

Storm's a comin!!
Chewie wanted to see some of the hail stones so i ran outside and grabbed some.
Chewie watched the lightning from the living room window, and then we roasted a marshmellow over a candle... once the boys were in bed, B-rad and I played scrabble by candlelight.

My little Hipster Artoo
Chewie went camping with my mom and dad this weekend while B-rad, Artoo and I went to two weddings on Saturday, he's having a much better time with Grandma and Grandpa then he would have with us at the weddings - having a great time at the playground, the beach, the lake. 
I love this little Chewie face soooo much.....
B-rad, Artoo and I drove out to the lake where they were camping for the day on Canada Day, got lost, got found, and celebrated my youngest brother's birthday with supper and cake, then drove back home - short and sweet.  

Weekly Challenge #77: UMT v. VI "Fiore di Pietro"
This week's challenge to use one of your challenges is a special one. 

The tangle is called "Fiore di Pietro", and it's created by Rho Densmore, CZT.  Fiore di Pietro is a beautiful loving tribute to Rho's brother in law.  Please read her words on her blog and see the instructions there as well.

Rho is also asking for permission to use your tile/piece in a memorial for her family - you can email her your permission or give her permission on your blog. 

here's my contribution (and of course, Rho, you have permission to use mine)
Fiore di Pietro

I really liked this tangle, it's trickier than i thought to get all the circles lined up symmetrically, but i kinda like the look of the off-kilter circles.

Have a great week!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

27 comments:

  1. Do you have any tips for drawing it- circles first, diamonds first? It seems a bit overwhelming at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that drawing the circles first like Rho does in the steps she shows really made it easy.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I was so moved by the story that I missed the steps.

      Delete
  2. An amazing challenge Laura, and thank you Rho for sharing your tribute to Pietro. It is a lovely pattern. Laura, your tile is gorgeous! I am glad that Artoo's health is improving and I hope that you will get a more restful week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting and meaningful tangle and challenge. My heart goes out to Rho and her family for their loss. Fiore di Pietro is a glorious way to honor Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful story and beautiful tangle. Rho, you and your family have my deepest sympathy. Sending healing prayers to your family and for Artoo's health. Thanks, Laura, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much to Laura for this very thoughtful challenge. Rho, your tangle is beautiful and I hope I did it justice. All the entries I've seen so far are absolutely beautiful, and I hope all our efforts will give you and your family some comfort at this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm VERY new to tangling, and would really like to try this one as my first challenge - must .. find...time! It's a beautiful and versatile pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful gesture. Rho, I love your pattern and hope I've done it justice. So sorry for your loss and hope these lovely tangles give your family solace. Laura thank you for adding this challenge. Peace to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful challenge Laura, thank you so much! Your tile turned out great. Thank you Rho for sharing your tribute tangle for Peter with all of us. Again, I am sorry for your loss, and I hope all the love and support you are receiving from the group gives you some comfort in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to do a tribute to a loved one. Thanks to Laura for choosing this tangle, and thanks to Rho for including us. It's a beautiful tangle, and your tiles are gorgeous. Just a note, for the first time last week I made it through ALL the entries and left comments. And thanks to those who found the time to visit my blog and comment. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad Artoo is feeling better and that Chewie had some time away, too. I enjoyed this challenge and the reason for your choice of it makes it more special. I hope Rho receives comforting thoughts from all of us around the world. Your designs are always so unique and well done, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very beautiful tribute! Thanks Rho and Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first challenge and I aam glad I could do this to help Rho at the same time. I did enjoy this chalenge and plan to join many more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this story, Laura. Rho, I hope you know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really lovely tangle, thank you Rho and Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was such a powerful challenge! I invited three of my friends over to join me in learning how to create this beautiful new tangle - "Fiore di Pietro". It touches our hearts deeply to hear of Peter's unexpected passing. And we are honored that Rho has asked us to participate in her loving and incredible book project. Thank you, Laura, for bringing this to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sponsoring this challenge for Rho Densmore...this really hit home for me as I am reeling from the loss of a very close friend from a car accident this week...life is so precious and so unpredictable...we must always be so aware every minute of all those we love and hold dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The idea of creating a tangle in memory of someone's life is a powerful thing. I do hope that the family is touched by your efforts. I am a beginner at Zentangle, and have been following the challenges every week, but have not had the courage to submit a tile. I submitted mine this week because I wanted to support this effort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so very much for allowing all to join into this great challenge... I totally give RHO permission to use mine... with pleasure...The love will go to Peter no matter what... Love to all... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  19. To Everyone, THANK YOU!!! I am touched deeply from the kind, supportive words and ALL of the beautiful artwork each one of you are sharing with me. Overwhelmed in compassion does not even come close to describe how I am feeling at the moment. Tonight I realized that I am going to need some help with this project so I decided to share what I am doing with my husband. (For the rest of the family members it WILL be a suprise!) Needless to say he was deeply moved by your outpouring of kindness and that so many have chosen to participate with keeping his brother's memory alive. Again we both thank you all for your unique and special gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love ALL the photos! We didn't get hail over here.
    Glad you chose this for the UMT this month.

    ReplyDelete
  21. rho - sorry it took so long for me to get my post up. sending peace, love and light to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've gotten mine done and posted on my blog. I hope that Rho will be able to use them in her project. :) I didn't get the hail here either but the photos are great.
    -genie

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's my first Diva Challenge, and only my 4th tangle - hope I got it all hooked up correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful tribute. I love the versatility of the tangle.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!