First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs. I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
A great big Thank you for Rho Densmore for manning the challenge last week while my family and i were in Philadelphia for the Moebius Syndrome Foundation Conference. :D
The conference was amazing and we learned so much! I am currently sifting through 700+ pictures and we are still recuperating from the traveling - i'll drop a few pics on you and then we'll get to the challenge!
|Mural of Patti LaBelle|
Okay, so - i have been in love with this tangle created by CZT Mimi Lempart, since it was posted on tanglepatterns.com back in March - but i haven't had the time to play with it, cuz, well, my life is crazy. Each week i keep thinking "THIS TIME!!" but i kept forgetting. Then again - in April when Rick posted about this tangle on the Zentangle blog but it just never happened for me.
By now, i'm sure that i'm the last person out there who hasn't tried it yet...
Finally, i just decided that (sing along!!) "it's my blog and i'll make Mi2 the challenge if i want to!" It was the only way i was going to take the time to sit down and learn the tangle, so - this week let's all play with this wonderful design!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address). The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient. thanks. HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??