A little over two years ago, i made the big trip down to the Boston area to become a Certified Zentangle Teacher. As thrilling as it was to become Certified, i was almost, if not MORE, excited to finally meet my blog-sistah Teeni! We had been following each others blogs for years, so it was pretty sweet to meet in real life.
i wrote about it here, if you're so inclined, but the short story is: She's just as awesome in real life as she is on the interweb.
ANNNNYWAY - She writes a blog called Aunty's Tea Room, and she recently (re-)started a feature called the Blog Friendship Cup.
|Tea Cup of Friendship - sans decoration|
So, the idea of the cup is to fill it with goodies for the bloggy friend who wins it, and then to add your own creative touch to the cup before passing it on. It's based on a Friendship Box that was making it's way around the blogosphere but then disappeared. Before it disappeared, though, i followed it's progress, trying to win it - but alas, i never did. So when Teeni re-vamped the box to a cup and put it up for grabs, i tried to win and sadly - i didn't. but that's okay! Instead, it found it's way to Sharon, in BC.
You can see what Sharon did to add her creative flare here
When Sharon put the cup up for grabs, i tried to win it...and won!! WOOT WOOT!! I got the news just before we left for Philadelphia, and a few days after we returned from our trip the cup was here!
Here's what was inside!!
|Here's the cup!|
|It's all you need.|
|Chewie has claimed the lion, he's named him Collum. The hippo is Artoo's.|
|Sharon put one of my tiles onto a magnet! So cute!!|
|An adorable mini book of quotes, love it.|
|Some nick-naks for crafting|
|And a tasty bag of Skittles, she couldn't have known - but they're my favourite!!|
|Mandala - because the pens were too big to do a Zendala|
Anyway, if you think you'd like a crack at winning the cup - please read the rules and enter below in the comments. I will draw one random name by Wednesday August 22nd. If you'd like a second entry, post about it on your blog then add the URL in a separate comment.
- You have 3 weeks from when you receive The Blog Friendship Cup to pass it on to one other blog buddy. You can choose a blog buddy by having a contest on your blog and asking for willing participants. Remember to please choose a KNOWING and WILLING participant. They must have the time and means to participate. Also, keep in mind that postage costs a bit of money and that may be a hardship for some people. Also, your recipient must have a blog on which they can post about the cup at the time they receive it, because we are nosy and want to follow it on its travels!
- Before you pass on The Blog Friendship Cup, you must alter it in some creative way – like painting, adding a ribbon or button or sequins, but only ONE application can be applied at one time by any blogger. So you can’t paint it AND add buttons, etc.
- Before you pass on The Blog Friendship Cup, you must place a small gift inside. This may be a joke gift, a handmade item, a nonperishable good, a poem of your own, etc.
- Before you pass on The Blog Friendship Cup, you must take a photo of it (if you have a camera). Then you must write a blog entry on your blog so everyone can see the way it changes in appearance. You must also include the links of all the past blogs that the box has visited.
- The Blog Friendship Cup MAY be sent to the same person more than once. However, it cannot go back and forth between the same people. So, there must be at least a total of 5 different people on the list of links before sending it to someone who has already had it.
|This is a photo for Zachary who asked how big the cup was.... here it is, hope this pic helps with scale|