Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekly Challenge #85

Happy Tuesday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Can you believe that it's September already?? I can hardly believe it myself - it seems like August was just gone in a flash.

I hope everyone had a lovely long weekend....

And i just wanted to take this moment to say a very happy anniversary to the love of my life, the one and only Mr. B-rad.  Eight years ago today we vowed to share our lives together, and i couldn't be happier.  Love you.

My mom and i took the kids to the pool for one last go before all the outdoor pools close for the summer. Chewie loved it, Artoo resisted napping and was cranky - but that's what grandma's are for, right?
YOU CAN'T MAKE ME SLEEP!!

Chewie and Grandma
 And we took advantage of some of these nice days and played outside.

 
Chewie starts Preschool this week, he is so excited - we went to get his welcome package and when we got home he went straight to the table and declared he had to do his 'homework'.  So cute.
Drawing a picture of his family... B-rad is blue, i'm shown here in red growing out of daddy's shoulder

About halfway through the week Artoo started getting sick.

 yes.
again.

I try to keep a positive outlook on things, but i'll be honest and tell you that this hospitalization (yes, again) is starting to bring me down.  its just really exhausting. sigh.

we took him in yesterday morning and we shall be here for a few days.
in the meantime - here's this week's challenge.

Weekly Challenge #85: UMT v. VIII: Copada

This week's tangle is Copada, and it was created by Margaret Bremner, CZT - she's a fellow Saskatonian and, actually, Margaret and I attended the same CZT seminar in 2010!  She does amazing things with her Zentangle art.

As i'm writing this from the hospital, i don't really have the capability of showing you my tile, but you can see her tangle and it's instructions here - as well as some examples of how she uses it. 

have fun!

*If you don't know about UMT - here's the scoop:  The first Monday of each month will feature a home-made tangle - chosen at random from the linky list here.   Anyone who has created their own tangle is eligible for submission, providing it follows the guidelines listed here. (Please read the guidelines)
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

30 comments:

  1. First of all, Happy Aniversary! Second, my heart goes out to Artoo and the rest of the family but it must be so draining on you. There is really nothing I can say but I am out here thinking of all of you. Get better soon Artoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Artoo. I hope he is better soon. I can only imagine how this weighs on your heart. Thank you for thinking of us, your loyal readers, while in the hospital. I really can't believe you pulled this post together. Happy Anniversary as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time to your blog... a lot of other folks I follow join your weekly challenge, so I thought I would start as well! So sorry about your babe. :( My heart goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, your photo,s of you and Brad are beautiful. So sorry to hear you are back in the hospital with your little Guy. Sending prayers and hugs to all of you and hope this will be a short visit and you are back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and may you all be blessed with peace, love and much happiness. I'm sorry to read Artoo hasn't been well and hope he gets better real quick. I, (as well as all of us here,I'm sure) am very thankful that you find time to publish new challenges each week despite of all your trials with raising a young family. Much appreciated Laura. I hope this week improves for you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. laura - praying for you and your precious little Artoo! may God give you peace and calm and endurance. may He keep His hands on Artoo and bring him healing and comfort. thanks for posting the challenge even though you have your hands full - you reach out to a lot of people through this challenge and make a difference. i really appreciate it! love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! and Happy Anniversary !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely bride and your groom is dashing! So sad to here you are again going through the hospital trial, and so pray that you and Artoo will both be home soon! Thank you for all you do for the zentangle community!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, you as a mother and person, this is so heavy, take your time! As a child i now what it means to be healthy and the others not in the family. I wish your great son a lot of love! I also had a wonderfull grandmother this is a precious gift! I wish artoo all the best. And Brath stengt for all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs and prayers for you and your precious Artoo!! I hope he's home and feeling better soon! Happy anniversary to you and B-rad! And go Chewie with your homework!! Awesome!! Hang in there Laura--we're all wishing you and the family well!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, I feel like I know you and your family from all your wonderful posts. My heart goes out to you all in the newest in a long line of challenges for all of you and your precious Artoo. My prayers for a quick recovery in this latest challenge for Artoo, and peace and strength for the rest of you. Wonderful pictures of you and B-rad. Happy Anniversary! I don't know how you manage to keep up these challenges, but they are surely appreciated. With much love and bunches of hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to hear that Artoo is in the hospital again, Laura. I know how tiring and endlessly unnerving this must be for your whole family. I am so hoping that as he gets older these incidences will become less frequent for him, and for you and Brad. Your wedding pictures are lovely, and I wanted to tell you how adorable your new short hairdo is(from the pictures last week). Thank you for your weekly challenges, they regulated our world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary. I hope you'll be able to celebrate soon. I hope Artoo is home and feeling better very soon. I can only imagine how terrifying and exhausting that is for your family.

    Thank you for the challenge. I loved this one! Copada reminded me of Cyme, so I used both in my tile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, I nominated your blog for the One Lovely Blog award. Stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary Laura, thanks for sharing your family with all of us. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheers and congratulationss on your wedding anniversary!
    Thanks for another fab weekly challenge you are a star!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary Laura. I wish you many more. Thanks for the Challenge. I am entering for the first time and look forward to entering many more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great challenge Laura, I hope that Artoo will soon be better and you can all celebrate your anniversary together at home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversay, Laura. I sure hope that Artoo feels better soon. You are one strong Mom to go through what you do all the time. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was certainly a challenge for me. But I need a challenge so thank you!! Happy Anniversary! (a little late)

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all happy anniversary Laura. And I'm glad to hear that Artoo is out of the hospital. And I have to compliment Chewie with his beautiful drawing, I think he made a great string, ready to tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just want you to know I think you rock girl! Artoo & Chewie couldn't have a better mum and I couldn't have a better zentangle challenger. All my best wishes & thanks. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for you and Artoo and the rest of your family! Hope things go well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear Artoo is out of the hospital. You all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved all the pics this week - especially the one with that awesome car. Sending Artoo lots of healthy vibes! Thanks to you and Margaret for a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful bride, handsome groom. Wow.

    Thanks for this UMT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoops--I forgot to comment after I posted last night. It feels good to have something for this challenge after weeks and weeks of absenteeism!
    Happy (belated) anniversary to you and B-rad! Those wedding photos are beautiful; thank you for sharing them. I'm glad you all got out and had some -end-of-summer fun. I love Chewie's "homework" drawing! <3! I hope Artoo is feeling better. I'm sure it is a comfort to be back home.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I did post here a while ago. Looks like it got lost somewhere in the world wide web..:) Im a newbie to Zentangles but am hooked. Ive tried my hand at Challenge 85...and dont plan to stop any time soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I tried this earlier this month, and I think it didn't work. So here we go again. I hope I am doing the right tangle for the right week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have two tangles featuring this fun pattern: http://tictactangle.blogspot.com/2013/01/i-got-no-strings.html and http://tictactangle.blogspot.com/2013/01/funky-loops.html

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!