Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekly Challenge #88

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Welcome back everyone!

Thank you for everyone's well wishes, concerns and emails regarding my hand.  Yes, it's been quite a painful few weeks.  However, i have the most amazing chiropractor.  She's pretty confident that we can fix this issue in 4-6 sessions... and i am too.  i'll keep you posted.

Chewie playing Star Wars

 Chewie had his 4 year old immunizations recently, and i was so proud.  he didn't even cry.   So in celebration of this day, i took him for celebratory Happy Meals.  He was definitely happy.

YUM!
 Artoo is over his tonsillitis and is getting more adventurous with sound making!  Also, he's been really interested in feeding himself, and that's been so awesome.  Yay Ozzie!
Artoo eating yogurt
We made it out to the park this week a few times.  The days are getting shorter, and colder, and every day i wake up hoping that there's no snow.  So far so good.

Artoo swinging!
It's been a good week.  

Weekly Challenge #88: "Official Tangle: IX"
Last week Rick and Maria released a new Official tangle in their Zentangle Newsletter that they shared at the ninth CZT seminar that was inspired by their trip to MOMA.  They've called it "IX", and you can see the instructions for this tangle here

This week's challenge is to try your hand at this new tangle "IX" in a tile, a Zendala or ZIA.
Zentangling has been a struggle for me, with my hand... my lines are wobbly and i'm finding the pen hard to control - but then i have to remember the basic philosophy of Zentangle that it's about the process not the product. It's nice for that reminder, sometimes.... silver lining.  ;)

have a great week!
Also, if you're on facebook you can follow the Diva's Weekly Challenge facebook page!  it's new. :D

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine. 
Hey - i should note here quickly that i try my best to get the slideshows up in a timely fashion, but sometimes my life gets in the way (like when Artoo spends a week in the hospital, just for example) so, please be patient.  thanks.  HUG
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

24 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a better week! What a big guy Chewie is for handling those shots so bravely. It sounds like he had a very happy Happy Meal. Great job, kiddo!

    It's interesting that Artoo is making more sounds--he must be feeling better!

    You must be so relieved that there's an end in sight to your hand/wrist issues. I've had tendinitis in my arms, and it can be very limiting.

    Thanks for the IX challenge. I love this tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better and how exciting, Artoo is feeding himself!!and Chewie was certainly a brave boy!!
    Thanks for this week's Challenge. It's one of those patterns I haven't really taken too, so it certainly was a challenge for me :)
    I hope you have a lovely week...Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be having fun with this one....still just trying to get the hang of it....excited to see where it takes me. A good week for your family and you deserve it! I hope you get more fall before winter descends. I love the way IX looks in your challenge tile, that is a beautiful flow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Laura, for managing to post new Challenges for us. You have your hands so full with your beautiful boys and all else that you do. I love doing the Challenges and look forward to them and so appreciate your efforts. Glad you had a good week and hope the coming one sends only good things to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so nice to feel part of you family every week Laura, although you go through so much with Artoo and of course yourself at the moment with your hand. I must say it is nice to see Artoo so well this week and what a lovely lad Chewie is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you could ever be mad a Chewie...his smile melts me every time I see it. And Artoo is getting a little independent? Love it! And I am sure you do too.
    Great challenge this week. Again, it taught me something. That is a good thing. Hope you all have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good week. Love the photos of your boys :)Thanks as always for the challenge. When I use "IX" I find it likes a lot of space and generally becomes the the focus of my tile... Love playing with the 'inter-weaving' effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made it this week. I've been religiously noting the challenges but never got round to doing one, so this is my debut.

    I love your kids. It's hard work being a mother, but so rewarding that in respective I wouldn't want to have missed it, pain, agony, spiders and all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear your hand is hurting, glad to hear your kids are doing well. Interesting challenge this week. Almost missed it, as it is Wednesday and I am finally noticing and doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this tangle and will definitely be trying this weeks challenge! One question though...Is it pronounced "9" or "icks"??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Diva for this Challenge. I saw Rick and Maria's new Tangle is their newsletter and thought it would make a good base for letters. You have caused me to get organised and do something with my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love coming on here to see your amazing tangle work, now I love seeing all the pictures of your boys growing up and sharing in little bits of their lives--along with enjoying your beautiful work and participating in these challenges every week! Thanks for all you do Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First timer trying out a Diva Challenge. I am so inspired by the creativity and variety that you wonderful folks come up with week after week. I really have enjoyed this tangle and look forward to new challenges to come!
    Thanks for this challenge:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just returned from CZT® training and so zenned out I can't stop smiling. I'm late this week, but did manage to get a couple up. I'm so happy to hear that Artoo is so much better, and cute little Chewie is so brave! I'll pray for your hand. I have RA, which is now arrested, but I do remember the horrible pain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your lovely challenge this week, there are some beautiful pieces on that linky list - including yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your tile is so beautiful! Your Ix is simply fabulous, and the Tripoli in the left corner contrasts nicely with the Bales (or is it Yincut?) in the right corner. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so late this week!! Thanks for the challenge - it was indeed that!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is definitely a challenging tangle, so fits to be part of the challenge. Looking forward to more challenges in the future. Thank you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New challenger here :) I wasn't a huge fan of this tangle at first but after playing with it some and making it more curvy than pointy I think I'll be using it a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Diva, for another chance to stretch myself. Many blessings to you. xoxo, kp

    ReplyDelete
  21. Little late on my second entry but I decided to go a more simplistic route and add some color! I now like this tangle much more than before.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am really late this week...sorry! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. a little bit late, had a good risen. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!