Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekly Challenge #92

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated in last week's Challenge in honour of Artoo's 2nd birthday.  If you haven't had a chance to see the slideshow, you can see it here.

What a crazy week this has been.  Working full time with kids is exhausting. LOL.  I started back at work this week, part time, but i went every day this week to re-train and to re-familiarize myself with the agency.

My co-workers are pretty great, though, and on my first day back they planned a little "Welcome Back" party, and we partook in some shenanigans -  we went outside and threw waterballoons at a tree. 

My waterballoon would not break! i threw it three times, and all three times it bounced off the tree, then bounced on the sidewalk and rolled away.  i guess i'm just not strong enough. Ha!

Then my co-worker Kathy gave me this:


It's perfect. :)

Artoo did not like going to daycare the first two days, and he cried when B-rad left him.  (Thankfully, B-rad took the boys the first couple days so i wouldn't have the added stress of hearing Artoo cry) but by the end of the week, he was fine and drop offs were much easier.

He's doing really well at daycare all things considered.  Which is a huge load off of my mind.  I feel like i've hardly seen the boys this week though... i didn't even take any pictures of them!?

We had a birthday party scheduled on Saturday for the little man, but no one could come because everyone was sick.  So we're rescheduling for November.


Beliebers
 Also this week i took my beautiful 15 year old niece to the Justin Bieber concert.  It was pretty fun!  Except that i was exhausted. I was up at 5:30 to go to the gym, then went to work, then went straight from work to pick up my niece, then we had a quick bite, then went to the concert, then waited forever to get out of the parking lot, then i drove her home.... i think i got home around 12:30 or so.  tired.

This friday Artoo is having surgery - he's having his tonsils removed.... so it will be a long weekend at our house.  Wish us luck.

Weekly Challenge #92: String Theory v.XIV "Stripes 2.0"

The last time we did this challenge was back in May, 2011.  So the challenge is to create a tile or Zentangle inspired art using Stripes as your string. 

For me, as an added challenge, i tried to stay away from obvious tangles that go in straight lines.
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

18 comments:

  1. Nice challenge. This first try was a quickie and I found that the small zentangle format cramped my style. Below it is a bigger sampler I did earlier, which is much better.I'm going to try again on black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge...and right up my alley...LOVE neat and orderly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge, thanks! It's always interesting to see how each person interprets the challenge. I find it even more interesting to see how I respond each time. I surprise myself in how I approach different challenges. That's why I love having someone else give me the opportunity to try something else.

    I hope Artoo's surgery goes well. Maybe that will help with some of the illnesses down the line. My mom always says that I had non-stop infections as a child until I had my tonsils out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, end of Monday and I have my tile posted already - amazing really! And so many others have too.

    Laura I just wanted to point out, though I don't know that it really matters, but you have a small typo in your post - Weekly Challenge #91: String Theory v.XIV "Stripes 2.0" - should be #92. I only noticed because I usually copy and paste the name of the challenge. No worries, with all you have on your hands I'm impressed you get this posted on Monday almost every week. Awesome job, I love the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woops!! thanks! i don't know how that got passed my SUPER HARD CORE PROOF READING SYSTEM!! (i.e., B-rad reads them before they go to air)

      tee hee.
      i will fix it up.

      Delete
  5. Interesting Challenge. Why is it the ones that seem the simplest can at times present the most unique challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My entry was drawn awhile back, but I thought it fit the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both you and your niece have awesomely fashionable glasses. Many well wishes of a speedy recovery for Artoo as he gets his tonsils out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun challenge! my first, actually :) just yesterday I mentioned your challenges on my blog and had to admit that I had not yet participated... so first thing today I got into stripes :)
    My blog is in Russian, but it should not be a problem, I think - after all, tangles are a common language :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just joined the party too (this is my 4th challenge) and I'm really enjoying it. Thank you so much for taking the time to post these challenges! (aliyaran)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping stripes on face makes this a candidate for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is the first time I've linked my tile to your site. Hope it worked! I love your challenges. Thanks so much for doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late but I made it before my power goes. Hope your second week of work goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!