Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekly Challenge #94

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
Good morning everyone!  Hope Daylight savings hasn't messed you up too much.  Remember Diva Land goes by CST.  ;)  we actually don't ever change - if you're confused (cuz it confuses me) there's a Diva Land local clock on the right sidebar.  

We brought Artoo home from the hospital on Tuesday night, after a number of long nights and terrible sleeps - we just thought he'd recover better at home.  It was nice to have him home in time to carve pumpkins for Halloween!

Artoo, home from the hospital, taking a photo with his BEADS of COURAGE and his pumpkin
 Chewie has been doing chores since July to save up money to buy his Darth Maul Light Sabre.  I told him if he did 30 chores, we would give him one dollar for each one, to buy it.  He finished the last chore on Tuesday night, also just in time for Halloween....

So, i dusted off the face paints, and we did it up right.

Darth Chewie, ready to trick or treat.


 It was really cold on Halloween though, it was like, -17C or like 1F, and it was windy.  It was too cold for Artoo, even if he HADN'T just had surgery.  We didn't stay out too late.

Here's a close up of the face painted goodness.
Anyway, this week has been just brutal.  Artoo is still recovering, but also he decided this would be a good time to cut his 2 year molars.  Nothing like having EXTRA drool when you're throat is like sandpaper.  No one in this house is sleeping.  Except for Chewie.

All i can say is that i hope that this surgery will make our lives easier in the long run.  Right now, though, we're all pretty tired and miserable.

Weekly Challenge #94: "UMT v. X: Socc"

As some of you know, the first Monday of each month is a Use My Tangle challenge, where we all take a crack at one of the tangles created by YOU!  (You can submit your tangle using the tab above, please read carefully to ensure that your tangle follows the guidelines)

I was really excited to see that this month's tangle was Socc, created by Erin Olson, CZT.  I llllllove this tangle, and i had used it quite a bit for a while, then as you do, i forgot about it... so when it came up in the random number generator i was like: Oh! YEAH!!!  Sweet.

You can see the instructions and her write up about how Socc came into being and her Ah-hah moment here on her blog.

Here's my tile for this week:
love it.
So, go try your hand at 'Socc' - and remember to have fun!!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

23 comments:

  1. No sleep is such a hard thing for mother's of little ones. I wish I could take a few days on my shoulders so you could sleep. Each day Artoo's throat will improve and you will finally have rest. I hope it is sooner than later. Thank you for the challenge. It is just so appreciated! Chewie looks fantastic in his costume. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much is happening in your homelife, yet you still manage to post another Challenge. I don't know how you do it, thank you Laura. Looks like you had fun at Halloween and it's probably a good thing you decided to take Artoo home to recuperate, get well wishes to Artoo from down under - I hope this week finds you all in good health and fine spirits :)

    I love this pattern, its a newie for me - thanks to you and to Erin :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Artoo is home! Hope all continues to go well. I love your tile. I so wish I had thought of such a gorgeous string! Boo-hoo. Seriously it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura for posting this challenge, I finally got off my duff and entered after a long dry spell. Your entry is truly inspiring! What a fun tangle. I hope your family settles down to a nice healthy routine soon, it has really been a long haul for you, and I'm so impressed how your spirits manage to stay positive. You have an AWESOME family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that is a lovely tile! Great Darth Maul face paint too. Your guys are lucky little dudes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tile! Thanks for another terrific challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tile, Laura! Great job on the face paint too! So good to hear that little Artoo is home again. Hope things continue to improve each day. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things are smoothing out by now with Artoo and everyone getting some sleep. Chewies' costume was absolutely fab! I had never done SOCC before and I can see it has many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, I love the way you swept your socc up and frayed the ends. Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed this tangle. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge. Glad I was able to get something done. Liked the shading on your tangle and the movement created by the unraveling of Socc.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that Artoo is home! Chewie's costume was fantastic. I hope everyone had a happy Halloween despite all the craziness.

    Thanks for the challenge. This was my first time trying this pattern, and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad Artoo is home from the hospital!! Hope he's feeling better and stronger every day!! Love and big hugs from MA, little guy!! Chewie looks awesome in his costume--great makeup job! So cool! Thanks for another fun challenge Laura--love your tile. Definitely gonna play more with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing Chewie's Halloween costume - so creative (especially the face paint) and he looked so scary. Thanks for another great challenge and finding time to get it posted with all that you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome costume! yes, your boys are lucky ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tile and this was a fun challenge. I finally got my act together to jump back in this week. Glad Artoo is home, and please tell Chewy that is the SCARIEST picture with his face makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad Artoo is home and that Chewy had a great Halloween!

    Been a while since I had time to do a challenge. Felt good to get back to it! Thanks for doing these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura, thanks so much for another great challenge and for picking my tangle! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved, Loved, LOVED this Challenge! Thanks Laura and Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Laura, how awesome of you to give Chewie the opportunity to earn the $$ to invest in the Light Sabre he had his heart set on. His entire costume is impressive. Most impressive. (Darth Vader quote there--did anyone pick it up?) I am entering this at the very end of the challenge...I hope by now Artoo is well and that you all have been able to get some rest. Sending you hugs from Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just posted my first try in flicker and linked it here hope I did this right.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hadn't used Socc before, but I enjoyed it. Thanks for introducing me to it! http://tictactangle.blogspot.com/2013/01/sweetie.html

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!