About Me

My Photo
The Diva tries her hand at wifedom and motherhood and dabbles in artsy things. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekly Challenge #102

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!

Hello everyone!

B-rad had a great time watching your submissions come in for last week's UMT challenge.  I think he may have gotten a little taste of what running this challenge feels like for me.  It's so fun seeing what you all come up with, and the different takes on the same challenge.  I'm so proud of him. aw.

From B-rad: "I'm impressed and humbled by everyone's interpretation of my tangle"

If you missed it, you can see the slideshow from last week HERE

B-rad's birthday was this week and i made some supper and we had a cake (i'm a very good baker - LOL) and Chewie sang the birthday song and helped Daddy to blow out the candles.
33 years young.


We had planned to go see a movie, but alas, Grandma - the Babysitter - was not available.  Maybe next week... maybe.
Just a cute shot of Artoo
It seemed a busy week, but it was most full of work, and meetings and Artoo's therapy appointments.  Sometimes it's nice to have a quiet week. y'know?


 Weekly Challenge #102: "DuoTangle v.VI: Auraknot/Bunzo"
For those of you who are new to the challenges, a DuoTangle is a tile or ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Art) created using ONLY two tangles.  In this specific case, the challenge is to use (ONLY) the two tangles Auraknot and Bunzo.

Each of these tangles have been Weekly Challenges in the past - you can find the instructions for these tangles there.  Auraknot was Challenge #78, and Bunzo was Challenge #93

When i put together a DuoTangle challenge, i really like to push myself by picking two tangles that don't necessarily "GO" together.  In fact, this was a very tricky one for me, as i had NO idea where to start.  So challenging ;)

 I did two submissions this week.  The first one was this one:
simple


I just loved how simple it was, but i felt like i should have done more... so i did a second tile to explore adding bunzo all over the place.
not so simple

Meh, it's not my favourite, partly because shading with a white pencil is a bit of a different animal than shading with a graphite pencil. But, as always, i always post my pieces, even if i don't like them and quietly remind myself that it's about the process, not the product.

How will you find a way to merge these two tangles?

have a great week!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

EEP, linkey machine!!! sorry folks. will get it up as soon as i can.

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. AllyKate, i'm sorry. email it to me and i'll add it.

      Delete
  2. Oops, no linkey. I'll post later. :-) If you just can't wait: http://momzenartist.blogspot.com/2013/01/shall-we-tango.html. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! be sure to put your link in the linkey machine when it's up, otherwise you may be missed in the slideshow.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the challenge, here is mine! http://tictactangle.blogspot.com/2013/01/limit-two-per-tangle.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! be sure to put your link in the linkey machine when it's up, otherwise you may be missed in the slideshow.

      Delete
  4. I Mr Linkey is struggling again.....oh well, more time to tangle! The challenge is great! Thank you Laura for the reason to get up early with eagerness on Monday morning. Your tiles are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, i can't blame Mr. Linkey on this one... i just forgot to add it, and can't access it at my work computer. :D it will be up tonight.

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura, Thanks for the challenging Challenge. Will give some serious thought on how to proceed and get mine posted when done. Thanks for taking time to come up with it in the midst of your busy life. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great challenge! I started with one idea...got halfway through and had another thought...got halfway through that and had another thought. My finished piece ended up looking like a crazy sort of diver's mask! I love it and have ideas for it and a mirror...hmmmm...creative juices flowing again. Thanks for making yet another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A challenging challenge this week, chere Diva. At least for me. I checked out some others and they didn't seem to have any trouble at all. Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first challenge. Thanks for creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous mix of tangles....love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fun challenge - thank you Laura! love, love, love your tiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Done. Thank you for the challenge.
    DonnaMarie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What kind of mad dreams do you have to come up with these Duo-Tangle combinations? So adventurous. Thank you for another wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for reminding me how much fun Auraknot is to draw!! I'd completely forgotten all about it! Love your pics as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great challenge. Two great tangles that are fun to do but a real challenge to use together. Really like the creativity of the people that have posted pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your nursing adventures, and yes I hope we can be patient if your challenges are a bit late :) This one is certainly a challenge to work those two patterns together but I love that you make us stretch and also remind us of great tangles. Thanks Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. FUN! I love the rhythm of these two together. Thank you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was an interesting challenge, one I had to think about, but finally came up with something that's doable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Laura for doing another duo tangle challenge....my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this was quite a challenge for me. Love Auroknot and bunzo, however, how to tangle them together and have it look good. Thanks Laura, I feel better now that I have my challenge put together.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for introducing Bunzo to me, I missed it in the previous challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I added my link to the previous challenge accidently. Ive put it up here again...Sorry...:((

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, I fully agree with you. It is all about the process and that's why I love your tiles!!!!!! It was really a challenge. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. I, just joined the Weekly Challenge, which I meant to do last hear!Anne Doble, Artinkulate Keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry, my first link was my blog home page. I just read your instructions and realized I put the wrong link in. I added my name a second time with the correct URL. Thanks so much for having these challenges! They are a blast and sometimes they are really challenging. Especially this weeks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just added mine! This one was fun. Can't wait to see the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My daughter (C-Gal) did this challenge, too. It was fun watching her work develop.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!