About Me

My Photo
The Diva tries her hand at wifedom and motherhood and dabbles in artsy things. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekly Challenge #104



Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!

Hello everyone!
i'm sorry, we are all still sick here.  Artoo especially.  we are on round the clock Artoo-supervision to keep him at home and out of the hospital.

It's been a trying week.
thank you to everyone who participated in last week's Moebius Challenge!! the work is stunning.

Here's our family picture on Moebius Syndrome Awareness day:
The Harms Crew - wearing purple for Artoo!

i love this.
Thanks to everyone who wore purple to spread awareness, we really appreciate it.

Weekly Challenge #104: String Theory v. XXIII - TanglePatterns String #003"

I apologize in advance, i admit - i'm sort of phoning this one in this week.  Thank you for hangin' in there.   I've not been well for over a week now, and i'm hoping it clears up soon... my brain feels a bit foggy still.

For all you newcomers, if you've never heard of TanglePatterns.com, let me be the one to introduce you!  This is a FABULOUS website run by Linda Farmer, who is also a Certified Zentangle Teacher (or CZT) and this is one of (if not THE) most comprehensive Zentangle resource on the web.  It's wonderful.
TanglePatterns String 003

In addition to posting directions and step outs to tangles, she has been amassing a wonderful collection of strings to draw inspiration from, which is what i'm doing today.
This week's challenge is to use String #003 on your tile or Zentangle Inspired Art.   follow THIS LINK to see the string on her site.
i'm too lazy sick to scan this, so i took a pic with my phone, hence the yellow...

Thanks for all the get well wishes!!

have a great week!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

29 comments:

  1. Forgive me, I'm new to this. I get the string theory part, but I don't know what the "XXIII" part means. Is there anything to it? ...help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jackie. There is nothing to it..:) Just use some patterns in the string and post...:)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I just wanted to make sure!!

      Delete
    3. v.XXIII just means that this is the 23rd String related challenge. ;)

      Nothing to it.

      Delete
  2. sick = no fun. I have been ill, as well. Very foggy brain. Feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having trouble getting the string to appear. Will go to tanglepatterns.com to see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the challenge! I hope you all feel better soon! Caring for sick kids when you are sick yourself is really hard. I sympathize!
    Tile: I decided to work this string in colour, but did not take into account that I don't have a really fine green pen, so this is a bit rough and ready. However I will draw a bigger version with black pens and use the patterns again that I tried on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laura, love your choice of tangles and really enjoyed this string!
    Hope you all feel on top of the world very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, your family is fabulous! Those boys are so lucky to have you and B-rad! Sorry that the sickness has been going on so long! I hope that you can stay out of the hospital! Fun string and challenge! Your tile is wonderful! Thanks to tanglepatterns.com (Linda)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all of you are feeling better soon. Sending healing energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to say that if a comment is dependent on Yahoo for any reason, I cannot place it although I have a Yahoo account. A technical hitch, I suppose. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have all turned the corner into getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to add how great the family pix are --- especially Artoo looking at you guys with your tongues out:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending positive healing thoughts your way, Laura! Hope everyone is better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just posted my String 003# Tangle. The String is really 2x 'z's at different angles, so a Tangle starting with Z seemed a good place to start. I used Zander as it lends itself to a continual line pattern (after a couple of little battles at corner turns!). I used contrasting colours to highlight the 2x Z shapes. When I'd done these I thought the spaces looked like Ennies shapes, so in they went!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the pictures. Hope everyone continues to improve. This was a fun challenge and have enjoyed looking at all the different ways that people approached it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, you inspire us every week to challenge ourselves even as you struggle through challenges of your own....what strength! God bless, hope you all are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You won't believe me! But it is the very first time i used a string which is posted over at tanglepatterns.com! :P haha thanks for broaden my horizon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you're all feeling better now Laura - thanks for another fun challenge. I look forward to see all the other entries - smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I messed up that first link. I hope that all of you are feeling better now. I really hope Artoo was able to stay out of the hospital. I'm sending hopeful good thoughts to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are all feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope everybody's feeling better now, Laura!! ((Hugs!!))

    ReplyDelete
  20. So Happy to have participated in Moebius awareness. Great pictures of your lovely family. Thank you for the string challenge and I hope you feel better soon! And that Artoo does, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is my first challenge ever! I have only been tangling for about three weeks after taking a beginning class with a local CZT, but I thought I would give this a go! Thanks for the chance to share my work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you are all feeling better! And thank you for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Posted earlier and just remembered to comment. Hope you are feeling better! I have been down with a sinus infection this week so I only did one tile. Here is hoping for an early and warm spring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just a few days ago my brand new blog has been launched(smile)! I've added the link to my contribution to Challenge #104, so it can be seen by everyone who likes/loves/adores tangling!

    Greetings from Holland!
    Anneke aka Merry-Go-Round

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Laura. I love your blog! I submitted a tangle for challenge #104, and I didn't see it in there. Did I do something wrong? I emailed it to you since I don't have a blog. Regardless of that, I love looking at the slideshows...they are so full of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!