About Me

My Photo
The Diva tries her hand at wifedom and motherhood and dabbles in artsy things. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekly Challenge #108

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge.
It's been a crazy life.
that's all i can say.
crazy
life.

I just want to let you know that i'm very touched by the level of love and support and emails and prayers you've all given my family.   I've been struggling with writing this post, wondering how much is appropriate to share about my Grandmother's passing. 

After many attempts, words have failed me. Imagine that.
so, i will just share these amazing photos.
My grandmother, holding my dad

Grandma and Grandpa on their wedding day

i love the smile on her face here.

Grandma with a brood of children

One of my favourite pictures of Grandma and my dad.


Weekly Challenge #108: UMT v. XIV "Whyz" 
This week's challenge is a UMT challenge (or Use My Tangle). The challenge is to learn and use one of the tangles created by YOU.  (if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please read the guidelines here)
Have fun with Whyz!!

Our UMT challenge is brought to us by Jane MacKugler, CZT.  You can find the instructions here on her blog.

This tangle has so many possibilities for tangleation!
Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos of your grandma with us! So glad that you were able to go ahead and give us this challenge. It was really fun! Thank you for this wonderful format for challenges that give us a scope for enjoying the zen of zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you have discovered sometimes there are no words. The pictures are great. She looked like she was a happy woman. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of your grandmother and your dad by the truck, a real treasure!
    Thanks for our challenge this week. I really enjoyed 'whyz' once I figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the memories of your grandmother and for the challenge. I didn't use whyz, but I will next time. I've included a closeup of a pattern I may have invented in this variation. I haven't entered any original patterns anywhere yet because I keep discovering that the ones I think I've made up already exist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a hard time with this one. I need to be more ZEN like! I think too much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, beautiful memories :) Love this pattern!! thank you Laura and Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss Laura and thank you for sharing these wonderful photos of your grandmother. You can tell she had the same sparkle and twinkle that I see in your photos. Glad your back.

    I also want to say congrats to Janee MacKugler for having her tangle chosen this month. Very fun tangle, challenging, but lot's of possibilities! Janee and I graduated from the same CZT #6 training, it's lovely to see her work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your Grandma was beautiful! It looks like she enjoyed a full life filled with love. I am sure she will be missed. You and your family are in my thougths and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing these touching photos, Laura. I believe you look like your grandmother.... It's good to have you back with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your wonderful family photos, Laura. It is so heart warming to look at our family in days gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, I think you take after your Grandmother, she is very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos of your Grandma. She looks like she was a spit fire! How fortunate for you to have her in your life and you in hers! I just received my Tangle Calendar prize today. Love the notecard you included. Thanks so much! You Rock Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. How wonderful that you have those special pictures. Thanks for taking the time to issue your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos Laura, one of the best memories you can have of someone who has passed. And, like others thank you for taking the time to issue the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the photos. I think they give us a good idea of who your grandma was. So nice to have them. And thanks for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just lost my Dad recently I understand what your going through.Photos of your Grandma were nice.Thank you for having these challenges for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing the photos and memories. Thank you for the challenge this week too. It is my first attempt. It took most of the week to get it. I enjoyed the process.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pictures of your Grandmother, lots of great memories. Had fun with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the challenge this week. It was my first attempt at a challenge, only been doing them for about a month... When I started on Whyz I had some silly idea about circuit board... instead this came out... and I loved the arrows so much I wound up linking the whole work together with one circuit line that goes through it all.

    Hope to do this again soon!

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful woman your grandmother was! The pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing them with us.

    Thanks for choosing my tangle for the challenge this week. It has been so much fun to see what people came up with. Beautiful work indeed. I also learned a lot by watching others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tangle to try out! Your grandmother looks about the age of my mom - love how artists of any age can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, here's my better late than never post and piece. I had a lot of fun playing with this pattern. Thanks for the challenge and for everything, Laura. You are inspiring! Thank you for sharing your grandmother's pictures and your memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, I am really late this time, but I had to catch up after being gone for 2 weeks! I just can't miss one of your challenges, Laura! Thanks for sharing pics of your grandmother, she looks like a lovely lady and I am sure you will always hold her in your heart and your memories.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!