Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekly Challenge #112

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com - also to those people who donated this week... THANK YOU SO MUCH.


Happy Monday!

This has been quite a week. Artoo went in for his procedure, finally, but we ended up staying in the hostpital for 3 days on antibiotics.

It's never fun to be in the hospital, but this poor little guy has had his fill.
He sure doesn't care for doctors or nurses or anyone he doesn't know looking at him or touching him... and who could blame him.

Taken earlier in the week, my happy little man.
Also, when Artoo is in the hopsital, that means that Chewie goes to a family members house for a few days.  This time it was my mom and dad's, and the poor guy - not only was he away from home, he was running a fever almost the whole time.  Luckily, he loves staying with family.  but it breaks my heart when i'm not able to look after him.

snackin' on Ketchup Chips (a Canadian Delicacy) at the doc's office
On Saturday afternoon, after they discharged Artoo, i took Chewie to the doctor - who told us to wait it out one more day to see if his fever would break on its own.  Sunday morning, he was no longer feverish.  Just kinda stuffy.  Thankfully, he's feeling much better now.

Seeing as we only got out of the hospital on Saturday, Easter was pretty low key at our place.  Also, seeing as our backyard is still under about forty feet of snow, the Easter Bunny had to leave the treats in the house.
the haul
Chewie was pretty excited to see the Easter treats this morning, including Star Wars toys for him and his brother, a Chocolate Bunny for him, chocolate pudding for Artoo, and a new "show".  Ever since the early 90s when, coincidentally, my parents bought a VCR, the Easter Bunny has brought a new show.  There are four of us, so i think a new show at easter was probably a very cost effective move for the Easter Bunny.

The E.B. did not disappoint, and Chewie and Artoo received "The Rise of the Guardians", which fittingly is about the Easter Bunny.



For Breakfast i made some very elaborate "awesome" easter egg shaped pancakes.

heh heh heh
Here's a shot of Chewie and his breakfast.  An Easter Bunny Pancake, an Easter Egg pancake and a hard boiled Easter Egg, decorated by Chewie himself.


Artoo enjoyed his Chocolate pudding, this is the CHOCOLATE AFTERMATH!!!

It was a good day.

Weekly Challenge #112: UMT v. XV "Tuxedo"
 As many of you know, the first Monday of every month is a UMT challenge (or Use My Tangle).

The challenge is to learn and use one of the tangles created by YOU.  (if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please read the guidelines here)

This week's challenge is to try a tangle created by LeeAnn, a.k.a Ledenzer, called "Tuxedo"  Follow this LINK to find the instructions for this tangle.

Here's my submission:
I just love how my little tuxedos in the centre look like tiny Panda Bears.
This tangle is very simple, yet there's lots of room for tanglation!

OH! and before i go, i wanted to say that i'm trying something out for my lovely challenge participants who do not have a blog.  lately, it's been tricky for me to keep track of those submissions that are sent in by email, as they've been getting "lost" among my personal emails.  So.  I'm trying out a new email account that will only be used for weekly challenge submissions.  If you'd like to submit by email, please send your files to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com  while i'm testing it out, i will send you a confirmation email saying i've received your submission.  If it turns out that this works, we'll move to this system in a more permanent way.

Thanks in advance.
Laura

Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (please email to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com)I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

30 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura you have such a full plate. I know that dealing with hospital folk, no matter how nice they are, is stressful and tiring. I hope that Artoo becomes better able to cope with bugs so you guys can just have happy days. I, as always, am in awe of what mothers can and will endure. Hugs to you and your family. Chewie is a real trooper. (my boys loved Flight of the Navigator. I think they might have been a little older. Good movie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I* loved Flight of the Navigator! Such a great show.

      Delete
  2. My kid of the day is Chewie, who has to cope with his brother's illnesses and somehow come through life feeling positive. I know you and your family give him the support he needs. I also know that as an elder child I experienced much the same anguish when my baby brother contracted meningitis and was made a huge fuss of. I was indignant that I wasn't getting that same attention! But I was a healthy child who didn't get to understand what was going on and it has affected my whole life.I never caught up with being as special as my brother, though one aunt did see the problem and tried to give me some of the attention I was missing, however hard I tried. These days there is fortunately more psychological help available and lots of resources for parents in similar situations. I am sure Chewie is not having to go through what I did. I'm so glad you are coping with a really difficult situation so well. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith,
      we are very sensitive to Chewie being the 'healthy' child - and try not to overlook him. sometimes its so very hard though.

      Delete
  3. So much to say but you are such a busy, busy Mom and Lady Diva that I will just ask a quick question: Is that new email address for challenges to (at)mail(dot)com, as you wrote here, or is it to (at)gmail(dot)com. The "G" makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mail dot com, no g.
      just tryin' it out... i wanted to be able to keep it separate from my personal email, to see how it goes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the quick response! I was just asking cuz this past week I finally figured out how to scan and upload my tangle tiles so I was hoping to try to send one this week... I have just figured this out so I definitely haven't figured out how to blog, or any reason anyone would want me to! ;-) Thanks for sharing your time and talent. Have a blessed Easter season.

      Delete
  4. Staying true to tradition you have used my quirky pattern.....it is an honor to see what you have done with it! I love your little pandas...they are adorable! I love seeing what you do best, being a mom to those adorable boys! They are so lucky to have you! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Diva for the nice Challenge. I'm sorry to read about another hospital stay for the little Artoo. Glad your all home again. And about Chewie he is really a big hero, always so smiling and enjoying al the things he is doing. That he has to miss his mother when his little brother needs his mother so much. Give him a big hug, he is great, and I have to say how lucky Artoo is to have him as a big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you Laura. Each week you provide us with a "challenge" while you are facing real challenges every day. And I am sure the cold, dark Saskatchewan winters compound things. Hopefully with Spring on the way your darling little boys will be able to enjoy some out door family time. Thank you for all you do for us and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you did have a rough week!! I'm glad that everyone is better. It was a lovely slide show!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this new tangle! Can't wait to see all the entries this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun tangle! Thanks for the challenge.
    My heart (and prayers) go out to you and your family. Our youngest had some lengthy hospital stays and older brother was such a trooper. Your post took me back to those times and I know how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. En France, le 1° avril, il y a une tradition qui consiste à faire des blagues aux autres tout au long de la journée ........ l'une de ces blagues étant d'accrocher des poissons d'avril dans le dos des copains ! Alors, j'ai eu l'idée de dessiner un poisson et de l'habiller du motif Tuxedo !!!!!!!!!

    C'est par ici :
    http://annabelscrap.canalblog.com/archives/2013/04/02/26811292.html

    Merci pour ce nouveau motif ! Bises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. translation:In France, on 1 April, there is a tradition of making jokes to others throughout the day ........ one of these being to hang jokes April fools in the back of friends! So I had the idea to draw a fish and Tuxedo dress pattern!!!

      It is here:
      http://annabelscrap.canalblog.com/archives/2013/04/02/26811292.html

      Thank you for this new pattern! Kisses.

      Annabel, qui sonne comme une tradition très minable! haha. Nous avons Avril Fools Day ici, où les gens essaient de tromper d'autres personnes avec farces ou des blagues.

      Delete
  11. Hope the boys are doing well Laura. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for reminding us about this fun tangle. Sorry about the double entry with a repeat of last week - please delete it if possible.

    Thinking good thoughts that everybody gets healthy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a long time since I have completed a challenge . . . so glad to have found the time to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for having time for us after a busy week!
    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you don't have to fit in another full time job with the one you have now. I keep praying for you and your wonderful family. I'm in awe of how much you juggle and still manage to make time for us. This was a great challenge week and it challenged me to learn a tangle that I didn't find to be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness! You have so much going on, yet still take the time to keep the challenges going. Thank you so much for everything you do and I hope everyone is doing well. Hugs to your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope things calm down a little for you. Not sure how much calm is possible with 2 boys. They can keep you hopping even without any special issues. Thanks for the Challenges. Like the UMT because I find out tangles that I did not know about.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't know how you manage to do all you do. Thank you for the challenge, like others, Tuxedo is a tangle that I may never have attempted. I may be too late for the slideshow - hey hoe - that's life!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooops!!! First link-up is incorrect, sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope I'm not too late.. good to be back... Hope you're all doing good.. thanks for the challenges and all you do... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry you've had a rough week. I hope Artoo is doing better. I'm glad everyone had a fun Easter. Live the pictures! My mom always made special pancakes for me and my friends, and I have very fond memories of that. My favorites were her pancake cats and when she wrote our names in pancake shapes. I know I've missed the sideshow, but I'm glad to share anyway. I couldn't get this scanned faster this week. Oh well. It was a fun challenge, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Laura for all your hard work. You have a busy life and still find time for us and I appreciate that! I found Tuxedo difficult to master but it was easy after working on it for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hoping the results of your challenges brings you as much joy as we have doing them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope this week has been much better for you all. Thank you for organising these challenges Laura - very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!