About Me

My Photo
The Diva tries her hand at wifedom and motherhood and dabbles in artsy things. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Challenge #116

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com - also to those people who donated this week... THANK YOU SO MUCH.


Happy Monday!

The temperatures have finally warmed up around here! Almost all the snow has melted, and we took advantage of the nice weather and tried to play outside a lot this weekend.  Chewie was excited to get back on his bike after almost 7 months of winter.

Cool Rider
We also did some adventuring in the catwalk in our neighbourhood, Chewie was pretending we were pirates and we had to go through Windy Forest.

And we made some time for some EXTREME hop scotch, i don't know if you can tell, but there's a huge gap of fire between blocks 6/7 and 8 that you had to JUMP over to stay alive.


 Artoo has been working on his smiling, i will never ever get sick of photos like this.
He also discovered his brother's slinky - and thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. ;)

everyone loves a slinky!
 This Pooh-Bear suit was Chewie's at one point, it's adorable on anyone.... i wish i had one in my size...
We are so happy that spring is finally here.
Oh, and before i forget - here's that video of me singing last weekend.  The quality's not great, but you get the idea.  (thanks to B-rad for filming it)




Weekly Challenge #116: "Blind Sighted"
I'm revisiting another past challenge - using a blind string. 
i feel that it's good to go back and remind myself that not all my tiles need to be pretty, and sometimes i need to let go and just tangle, to take a deep breath or two, and to centre and not worry about what the outcome of my piece will be.  To find my zen. 

my before tile
 So i started out by doing dots, and border - and before i drew my string, i placed my pencil on the border, closed my eyes - and jumped in.

Finito burrito
I think i was successful, in that i did let go of the outcome and focused on the process.  I will be the first to admit that i'm not wild about the tile, that it's definitely not my 'style', but it was a good exercise.  
Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (please email to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com)I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

23 comments:

  1. Hey you are WAAAAAY too hard on yourself!! That tile is FUNKY :) love it!
    Am hereby stealing your extreme hopscotch idea - and as for your Artoo smiling - man, what a cute baby. Seriously, SERIOUSLY cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smile of Artoo must be such a great gift in your live!!! He's so lovely when he smiles his whole face lightens up.
    I love the challenge of this week, I need some zen-time right now, maybe you felt it :-)
    Thank you Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How relaxing....I loved the challenge! Your tile is so loose and fun to look at Laura, thank you for the fun! I am so glad you are outside without snow! The boys look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't my first try in one of your challenges but the first one I put in the Linky machine... very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever Diva wants, Diva gets!!! loved the video and you have a wonderful voice! Even Artoo knows the words, how cute. I certainly can tell the snow if leaving, your spring spirit is showing. Thank you for sharing your boys and your passion for tangling with us. -r-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the video! What a voice! I also love Artoo's smile - how absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny days and sunny smiles what lovely photos you have taken this week. Artoo has been having a lot of practice with that beautiful smile and it seems that Chewie is having a lot of practice on his bike. I am having trouble hearing the video on the computer so will try again later with headphones attached. Thank you for the challenge this week, it was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely voice Laura, and Artoo was great accompaniment! Thanks for yet another challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific job on the singing! Can't imagine doing that before a live audience... in the shower, maybe.

    Glad you finally got some snowless days to play extreme hopscotch. Seems kind of dangerous, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, you amaze and inspire. It's no wonder Artoo has such a beautiful smile.
    Your singing is wonderful, like a broadway star. I'm happy for you that the snow is leaving, bring on spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have another title Laura - Wonder Woman!....Suits you to a T...:)

    Artoo and Chewie look great!...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! Could R2 BE any cuter in his Pooh costume! Just love his new smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first ever challenge! I LOVED it...I have been watching your blog and admiring for ages, you have a beautiful family, and you are an inspiration

    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge to practice new to me tangles or ones I need to practice. Thanks including all of us in your happy family. Love to see your happy boys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura, glad to hear that your snow is almost gone!
    Awesome performance and awesome dress! Thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, that smile is priceless! Wouldn't it be fun to make a book of smiles!! Stock up on your favorites, or all of them, and make a nice book for all of you to share! Mother's Day would be a great time to share it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are finally able to get out a little more now. Nice job on your song. Enjoyed listening to it. Also enjoyed this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cheers to smiles!
    Laura you are a star!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous voice Laura, and, you are LOOKING WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just read this week that zentangles should only take about 15 minutes to complete - egads! - no wonder I can't keep up. Mine usually take at least an hour or two. And I have to break that up over two days to get done.

    Do other people really complete a tile in 15 minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I finally got it done! Wow, that one was hard for me. I have been so busy learning with my new job, getting my house ready to pack up to move, and working on my new house to get it ready to move into that I had to make myself take time to finish my tile. Whew. I can at least check one item off my to do list. =)

    Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoo hooo.. got it finished on time this week.. this was hard.. it's been a crazy week.. Did you get that freak storm too? pics are great.. sun is wonderful finally.. Thanks...xx

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!