Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weekly Challenge #118

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com - also to those people who donated this week... THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Happy Tuesday!

It was so nice bask in the sun this weekend and the warmth of my family Sunday night.

Saturday night B-rad and i went out for dinner and a movie.  My parents gave us a "Night Out" for Christmas, and we've just now used it up.  We had dinner at this AMAZING Thai restaurant - i had coconut curry chicken.  mmm.  Then B-rad and i had a beer on a pub patio and then we went to see "The Great Gatsby"...which i loved.  I really dig Leonardo DiCaprio and Baz Luhrmann.

Sunday morning B-rad made breakfast while i slept in, and the boys made me mother's Day cards, and birthday cards with drawings included.  It was really sweet.  We spent most of the day outside, and then Chewie and i went to get hanging baskets for the Grandmas and i picked up some "Mother's Day To Me" annuals and I even managed to get my flower bed done this weekend!!  Huzzah! 

I bet you're wondering where all the pictures are... they're on my phone, and B-rad is using it to chat with an old family friend.  ;)

sorry.  =) 

Weekly Challenge #118: "UMT v. XVI - Kuke"
 As many of you know, the first Monday of every month is a UMT challenge (or Use My Tangle), as last week was an official Zentangle tangle, we moved it to this week this go-round.

The challenge is to learn and use one of the tangles created by YOU.  (if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please read the guidelines here

This week's tangle come to us from Katy Abbot, CZT - it's a really cute little tangle, and funny to me because i was JUST looking at a cucumber the other day thinking - hey, that's a tangle! lol.  Katy beat me to it. 


You can see the step outs to this tangle here
This tile is so unlike my "style", but the more i look at it, the more i kind of like it.  i used Kuke in the bottom and on the top right. 

Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (please email to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com)I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

21 comments:

  1. Super challenge this week Laura, love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura ~ love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuke is a favourite already...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun tangle and challenge! Thanks, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for always being there Laura, What a fabulous weekend you had, I am so happy for you! I love what you did with kuke, really a lively and fun piece of zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mes concombres ...... heu ...... mes dessins sont sur mon blog ! Merci pour ce motif, il est magnifiques !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hi hi !!!!! J'en ai fait d'autres ..... dont cette fois de vrais concombres !!!!!!! Je m'amuse !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tangle! I can't wait to play with again later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this challenge, love to tangle full stop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank for sharing your great day and your dares (and Katy's, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm a brand-new Zentangle convert with a brand-new blog. (I have older blogs but I needed a fresh start.) Thanks for posting these Challenges. I plan to find #1 and work forward from there. (Good practice!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea!
      I think I'll give it a try too!

      Delete
  12. Love Kuke! I really like the way you've used Kuke as a bead, and in the ribbon, and also echoed the "seeds" in the top tangle. Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear you've had a lovely weekend. Love the 'Kuke' thanks Laura and Katy! You've made a great tile Laura, it's fantastic with lots of movement - you've used Kuke in ways I would never have thought of - thanks again for a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. While I like the tangle, it is not one of my favorites, It may grow on me the more that I use it. Laura, you found some creative ways to include it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your mother's day and birthday were extra special!

    This is a great pattern, and I always love the UMT challenges! Thanks.

    It doesn't usually take me the whole week to finish, but I feel like I never get to turn my computer on to scan my tiles. Oh well. At least I'm still in the right week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated Mother's Day! Love your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This one took me forever. There is just too much going on this week. I finally made myself sit down and finish. Whew! Thanks for the challenge! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I usually use the suggested tangle in the foreground but wanted to explore it differently this week. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope I'm just in time...
    This one was hard for me though it looked so easy!
    But I still like it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here I'm again I love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!