Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekly Challenge #127

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com - also to those people who donated this week... THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Happy Monday!!
We're off for another week of swimming lessons this week at the pool.  Chewie is having a great time. 

Also, i entered this photo in a summer photo contest!
PLEASE vote for us, if you should feel so motivated.  I'd love to win a new camera!

You can tell when it's been a busy week heading back and forth between the pool when there are no pictures on my camera. lol  Sorry everyone!

i hope you all are enjoying summer as much as we are.
let's just jump in!

Weekly Challenge #127: "DuoTangle v. VII: Cirquital/Opus"
This week's challenge is a DuoTangle - and if you're new here, a DuoTangle is the term i came up with to describe a tile or piece done with ONLY TWO tangles.   The challenge is to use specifically the two tangles presented here.  You can find the step outs to Cirquital HERE and Opus can be found HERE


Have fun with this!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (please email to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com)I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

14 comments:

  1. That photo is a winner! The camera should be all yours, Laura.
    Thank you also for coming up with great challenge ideas. I learn a lot from this "homework" :)
    I love your tile, especially that overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is awesome. Good luck! This challenge is going to be a . . . challenge! Your tile is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Laura for the challenge. Voted for you ~ hope you win this camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab shot!! thanks for another enjoyable challenge Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE that shot of Chewie!! So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried voting for your photo........but could not find it! went all the way to the end, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a challenge for me as both of the tangles are ones that I do not use on a regular basis. Great choices. Good luck on your entry in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one cute picture of Chewie! If it doesn't say summer, I don't know what does. I voted and I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two super tangles.....Good luck with the competition, I'm cheering for your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had fun with this one. I'll be using Cirquital again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this was a fun challenge, i may have gotten a little carried away with the Opus thing :) hahaha! but it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following the challenges for quite some time, but always felt that my work was under par, especially in comparison to all the great work I was seeing. But I decided to bite the bullet and just jump in. Thanks for all your great challenges; they're truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I inadvertently posted twice; how do I delete the wrong one?

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!