Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekly Challenge #129

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com - also to those people who donated this week... THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Happy Monday!

Cheese!
Just lovin' up the summer days while we still have them.  My lilies are all in bloom and they are all beautiful.
Add caption
I took the boys to the spray park this week, and as fun as it was, we got caught in an afternoon thunderstorm and we had to run home in the rain.

Playin' at the park
B-rad has been making great headway with the deck this weekend.  My brothers and my parents were over on Saturday helping with the second level, and B-rad finished off the decking last night.  It's all coming together - and it's pretty amazing for me to see something that was once a few pencil drawings move through the stages to being a full-fledged actual deck.   :D

Weekly Challenge #129: String Theory v. XXV: TanglelPatterns String#004

For all you newcomers, if you've never heard of TanglePatterns.com, let me be the one to introduce you!  This is a FABULOUS website run by Linda Farmer, who is also a Certified Zentangle Teacher (or CZT) and this is one of (if not THE) most comprehensive Zentangle resource on the web.  It's wonderful.

In addition to posting directions and step outs to tangles, she has been amassing a wonderful collection of strings to draw inspiration from, which is what i'm doing today.

This week's challenge is to use String #004 on your tile or Zentangle Inspired Art.   follow THIS LINK to see the string on her site.

 Have a great week!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (please email to weeklychallenge(at)mail(dot)com)I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, Laura, for yet another interesting bit of homework.
    So how warm does it get up at your end in summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing that you are enjoying summer! The tile you tangled with the string is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some more summer fun! Beautiful lilies! I can't grow them anymore as the deer in the backyard love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lilies are gorgeous! That's my favorite flower and I usually have them in pots on my patio. Beautiful! Thanx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a thunderstorm after a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy summer days & beautiful flowers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, you have a great way of providing unique and inspiration ideas new Zentangles. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lilies are amazing.I love the colors. And thanks again for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!