Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekly Challenge #131

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com


Happy Monday!
Moose Crossing. I love Saskatchewan.
What a week it's been for me and the boys.  We've been out at the lake since Wednesday, with my mom, and we just got back Sunday night.  My parents' friends own a cabin on a lake, and once a year my parent's borrow the cabin to have a Family Weekend.  Mom and Dad and my 3 brothers and our spouses (where applicable).

My older brother brings up his boat so we can kneeboard or tube, we fill up all the bedrooms and we all throw our kids together on the living room floor, and we eat and play games and have contests and play cards and just generally have a great time!  This was the first year my brother Patrick was able to come, as he had been living a few provinces away but has since moved home.  And last year i didn't go because Artoo was sick.

The first few days was just my and my little boys and my mom.  What a bummer, though, the weather was cold and miserable.  But by the time everyone else had arrived the weather had turned and we had some beautiful days.
Chewie - havin a blast

Artoo had fun too

Loved the lake

fun with the family

Big smiles

Chewie caught his first fish, he was so proud.

SO so sSOOO much fun.  :D

Weekly Challenge #131: "Monotangle - Dex-teria"

Because we got back so late, i'm just going to issue the challenge, then i'll do my tile Monday morning with the rest of you - posting it later, i hope you don't mind.  We are exhausted.  By the time i had my boys unpacked and fed and bathed and into bed, it was already late.

This week's challenge is to do a Monotangle using the tangle: DEX

A Monotangle is a term (created by my hubby b-rad - originated here!!) to describe a Zentangle piece consisting of a SINGLE tangle and it's variations.  

The challenge this week is to use ONLY DEX (and it's tangleations) to explore it's capabilities.   

you can see the step outs for this pattern on HERE

I can't wait to see what you all come up with, these monotangles can be so challenging, but also - it's so wonderful to find inspiration through each other!

Have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great challenge. Laura! Dex is one of my favs! Thanks too for the pics of your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!

    This is my first time here. I'm new to tangling and excited to try one of your challenges. I've submitted my link and mentioned your challenge on my blog. Looking forward to seeing everyone's designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first weekly challenge ^_^ thank you L!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to the challenge after a long break!! Happy to be back, lovely to see kids rocking!! and you guys too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you "forced" me into Dex. Those grid types make my brain spin. I also was looking for something to try semi-transparency on and this was a perfect opportunity. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always thank you for this opportunity. My first "Dex."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the challenge. I may not have been up to it this time; but it is what it is. There's still time to try another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one was tough for me. I'm not very good at the grid type of patterns. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!