Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekly Challenge #134

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva ( a t ) yahoo ( d o t ) com

Welcome back everyone.

I have a few things to let you know this week before we get to the challenge.  First off, remember back in July when i asked you all to vote for my photo on Facebook? well, it paid off!!  My photo of Chewie made it to the Top 20, where the pics were judged by a panel of judges, and they selected mine as the grand prize winner!!  :D


be still my beating heart!!



I won a brand new Nikon d5200!  Thank you to those who voted for me!  (Oh, and some MORE awesome news, we found Artoo's iPod hidden in between some books at grandma's house! Happy day!!)

Also, a while ago - on Facebook - i had mentioned some exciting news that i couldn't wait to share... well - it's official now.  I have been asked to join the design team at ArtistCellar, and i am SO excited.  I love playing with mixed media (when i'm not tangling) and i'm very happy to be representing the Great White North as their very first Canadian Design Team member.  You can see my posts on the ArtistCellar blog every Friday morning!  I hope you stop by!

NOW!
This week has been a FAR better week than last week, thank you to everyone who sent me "hang in there"s and let me have my online 'cry'.  :)  But, we move onward and upward, right?

My mom came over and we made some salsa from my garden tomatoes!! it was so much fun spending the morning with my mom in the kitchen, and the salsa is so good.  We love salsa here at Casa Diva, one could say that Chips and Salsa is our Kryptonite. 


Rockin' Salsa - it really rocks.
Also, this week i took some time to get down into my 'studio' and i took my own advice from a couple of challenges ago and challenged my right brain to fire in different ways, and created this painting using ONLY my left hand.  I think it turned out alright.

he's so 'thoughtful'
The weather here has been SOOO beautiful, you'd hardly know it was fall, except for the leaves turning colours, and the fact that Chewie's first day of KINDERGARTEN is on Wednesday (so excited so excited so excited)... we've tried to spend as much time outdoors as possible...
Artoo is getting pretty good at going up and down the slide all by himself, and he is so proud each time.  "I DID IT!" he yells when he hits the bottom.  so cute.

Slide!
We've also started Chewie with an allowance, he gets $1 x age a month.  So, in his case $5/month, because he is 5.  We've set up a ledger so he can keep track of his money coming in and out, hopefully this will help him learn about money.  He has to save 10% in his "Savings" jar, and 10% in his "Big Buys" jar.  So far, it's working pretty well, and he already cashed in all his birthday money and chore money that was already in his piggy bank.  He spent it on a Lego Starwars set, the Rancor Pit!  And, he built it all by himself.  He was so proud.  (I was close by in case he needed help, but he pretty much did it all by his lonesome.)
He loves this set and plays with it all the time. 
The deck is getting closer to being finished all the time, and now it's just final finishing things.  I can't wait.  We've already spent SO much time out there.  I'm so lucky to have such a handy hubby.  aren't i?

Weekly Challenge #134: UMT #XX "Beamz - by Traci F"
I really liked this tangle, it reminded me of chair covers from my childhood... like a very 70s-esque pattern.  It was pretty fun, and i think you'll like it too!  Thanks Traci!  You can see the step outs for this tangle HERE
Beamz

For those of you who don't know, the first Monday (or in this case, Tuesday) of the month, is a UMT Challenge (Use My Tangle), where the challenge is to learn and use a tangle created by one of you!  It's awesome for me, because i don't have time to try all the new tangles i see on the web on a regular basis.  This challenge makes sure i'm at least learning 1 new tangle a month...

if you have a tangle you'd like to submit, please follow this link for the guidelines for submissions.  Each month's tangle is chosen at random by www.random.org

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

20 comments:

  1. wow I'm the first to enter this week again. What do you think of the zentangle I came up with?
    what a great blog you'll be contributing to. I will have to put the link on my blog. Thanks for sharing. Congrats with winning the camera. Looks really good. Over here (Nederland) the summer doesn't seem to want to come to an end. I'm looking forward to autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your winning & also your DT with ArtistCellar & first day of k-garden.... lots of things going on!
    Thanks for the zentangle inspirations and challenges...
    Sandy
    (another Canuck-eh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salsa looks amazing. I also love your left-handed painting; it's quite dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic about the camera!! You sure deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm honored that you chose my tangle this week!
    Congrats on the camera ... How awesome!
    As for your left handed painting ... Absolutely FANTASTIC! I love it!
    Have a great week and thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your world is so colorful...it comes in every hue of the rainbow and all together it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you won that camera! I know you will do amazing things with it (your photo of Chewie was amazing)! Have fun with it, you deserve it. And the IPod returned...perfect. Can this week top last week? Thanks for all of your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo was so very beautiful, so you deserved to win! Enjoy this camera!!!!!!
    I think beamz is hard to incorporate in a tile, but managed. Your tile is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on winning the camera. Guess that means we can look forward to more great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the camera! Your left handed talent is AMAZING! Love the pictures of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey fantastic camera and the painting is wow, you are a very talented lady!! Good luck with the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was definitely a fun one to play with. On another note, so nice to win a Nikon camera, they are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Traci is such an enthusiastic tangler. Glad you chose hers for us to do. I have been meaning to try something with this great tangle; sometimes I need a push! Thanks for the push! What a great camera. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the camera! This was a challenging challenge, mainly because of the straight geometric lines... but I managed to do 2 of them.

    Sorry my first link is broken, both of my tangles are on my second link...

    Wretha S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your camera! Awesome prize, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laura, thanks again for another great challenge. And thanks also to Traci, I LOVED this one. Way to go on the winnings!! You deserve it, and the Non-Dom painting is awesome, did you come up with a title for it? It's very retrospective.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laura, Congratulations on winning the camera. You deserve it, and I know you'll make great use of it.

    This week was definitely a challenge. I couldn't seem to get started, no matter what I tried. I finally did finish one, but I hope that before tonight is over I can do a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. NOW Business Funding is pleased to offerbusiness cash funding to bad credit business cash funding, bad credit merchant cash advance, and bad credit business loan needs on a nationwide USA basis. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, NOW Business Funding boasts a managerial staff with more than 3 year experience in working with business clients who have had turn downs or turn downs.offeringbad credit businesses funding in cash advances, business funding, equipment leasing, merchant cash advances and bad credit merchant cash advances.In today’s tough business climate NOW Business Funding offers your business the funding you seek, good credit business cash funding or bad credit merchant cash advances. Don’t let a bad credit history affect your income another day.Reach out to NOW Business Funding today for your bad credit business funding, bad credit merchant cash advance or bad credit business cash NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello All!
    Just wanted you to know that I intended to submit a piece this week but, due to a traumatic family event, I am unable. I was able to sneak a peek at most of the submissions and I am BLOWN AWAY by the creativity and artistic excellence! All of you did justice to my tangle.
    I would appreciate your prayers during this trying time.
    Thank you.
    Traci F.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Back to school I Went, and not much time at the moment, but have been watching.... Congrats on the awesome camera! Woo Hoo! Great painting and sounds like a great fun new challenge for you! (I'll bookmark the ArtistCellar site) Do you ship the salsa? If so I would take some! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!