Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekly Challenge #143

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com

Welcome back everyone.

in case you missed it on Friday, my new mixed media post is up on the Artist Cellar blog!! come check it out and say hi... comments make all the kittens of the world happy.  :)

It was a very rainy halloween up here in The Skatch, but little Harry Potter would not be deterred.

Expecto Patronum!!
 I took Chewie out around the block for a bit, but this little Pirate stayed home.

Yarrr, matey.
Here's a shot of my painted Sugar Skull face.
mwah!!

It's been very hard NOT to eat all of this halloween candy that's been lying about, but i think i'm doing an okay job... i keep his loot in the pantry, out of sight out of mind, right?

B-rad, Artoo and I are in Vancouver, BC right now meeting with Artoo's eye surgeon, so here's this week's challenge:

Weekly Challenge #143: "UMT v.XXII - Cruze"
i'm happy that this week's challenge is "Cruze" by CZT Caren Mlot.  You can see the step outs for this tangle on her blog HERE

i haven't had a chance to try it yet, what with getting my house ready to fly and Chewie ready to go to grandma's.... but it looks awesome, and i can't wait to try it.


have fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address).  I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't think I've ever been first before. Thanks, Erin, for keeping these challenges coming, week after week. And I LOVE your skullface!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! that should have been Laura, not Erin.

      Delete
  2. Your children (and you) look adorable. Looks like Halloween was loads of fun. Hoping the doctor visit goes well. Thanks for fitting the challenge into your busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored to have my pattern Cruze chosen for this week's challenge. Can't wait to see what everyone does with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the challenge Laura....You are wonderful, Caren, I love the Cruze pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cruze is really a lot of fun to do. I will have to play with it more. Thanks for another great challenge, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check the Challenges faithfully, and always drool over everybody's creativity, but I've never posted one of my tiles before. Since last week was about stepping out of your comfort zone - I figured it's time to do just that, and join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sugar skull makeup is AMAZING! Like, are you kidding me amazing. & your kids Halloween costumes were AMAZING, they look like they had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, at first Cruze was intimidating, but after I learned to make it more wander-y, I made what may be my favorite tangle ever. Your kids are super cute, and love the Sugar Skulls, too. Nice challenge for me to come back to after hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks, Caren, for your challenging Cruze, and to you, Laura, for "issuing" it.
    What I learned through lots of trials and heaps of errors?
    If I snooze when I Cruze, I lose.

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!