Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekly Challenge #146

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tabs above
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • The limit of submissions to the slideshow is TWO, but please feel free to post as many as you like to your blogs.  I will take the first two presented to each challenge. 
  • I know that some of you have told me that the paypal button does not work, and some of you have had no trouble, i'm not sure why it's inconsistent, i've redone the code a few times... If all else fails you can donate to my paypal address which is madam_diva (a t) yahoo (d o t) com

Welcome back everyone.
How was your week?  Mine was pretty great!
it started out with a delightful coffee date with my fellow Saskatonian CZT Margaret Bremner, and newly minted CZT from Manitoba, Carol Graham.
We had a chance to visit and get to know each other and talk about the life of the CZT.  And, natrually, when you get three CZTs together, you have to do some collaborate tangling!  Actually, i remember setting the tiles down and demanding that we tangle together, lol, it's a good thing they didn't take me TOO seriously.  As an added bonus, Margaret gifted Carol and i with a beautiful Artist Trading Card from her collection.


Here's the one that i got! Isn't it just delicious?
Also this week, we got up to some face painting, Darth Maul and an adorable bunny came by.


There were also Crayola-Marker Light Sabre battles of EPIC proportions!

The fun never stops!

Weekly Challenge #146: DuoTangle Pea-nuckle/Well

This week's challenge is a DuoTangle, and for those of you who are just joining us (HELLOOO) a DuoTangle is a termed coined here on this blog to refer to a tile created by ONLY TWO tangles.  And in the case of this week's challenge the tangles to be used are Pea-Nuckle and Well.

"Pea-Nuckle" is a very tricky tangle in my humble opinion. Sigh. i have to say that i need a bit more practice.  "Well" is a great and versatile tangle that has lots of tanglations.

So, on your tile this week, use ONLY Pea-Nuckle and Well, and don't be scared of Pea-Nuckle.... you can do it.

Have Fun!
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also,  please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (send submissions to: weeklychallenge at mail.com) [not gmail, just mail].  
I just ask that you put in the subject line:  Challenge # ________

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam.  PLEASE do not put your *home* page in the linkey machine... please? for me??

23 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, this really is a challenge as I have never got to grips with pea-knuckle . Yet again I am being pushed to learn more. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to mention that I have a how-to video of Pea-Nuckle. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6PIr-2vT0&list=PLGAZuRY82wMyTnHH-CsYhHeWblxLpjn9o&index=21

    THANKS FOR YOUR LOVELY CHALLENGES EVERY WEEK!
    Greetz, Ellen Wolters (The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to check out your "how to" Ellen. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
    2. why, oh why, didn't I read this before I began the p-nuckle struggle? Watching your vid changed it from impossible to easy-peasey. Thanks SO much.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the relaxing morning! I love Mondays.....see you next week. Your tile is full of gorgeous lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oddly enough. I am the opposite of you, I guess. I find Pea-Nuckle easy and Well more difficult. I definitely need practice in Well and haven't used Pea-Nuckle in more than practice, so this will be a great challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pea-Nuckle is very challenging for me. I am so jealous that you got to play with Margaret Bremmer. She is one of my favorites. And you got an ATC! Love your site and have been enjoying you on Artist Cellar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to be back! It's been far too long since I've played along. Laura, it was no offense to you or your challenges. Life just got too crazy, and the idea of an additional deadline just got to be too much for me. I've made some big changes, and I'm back! I love your challenges and will have to catch up on the ones I missed. Thanks so much for all that you do and all the inspiration you provide. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, your challenge was a "challenge" for me. I'm so glad that you really know the difficult ones and push us into doing them. Thank you, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real challenge. Didn't really like this - I think you can tell in what I ended up with too. However, I feel I can now do both tangles, which I definitely couldn't before, so thank you! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I see the challenge in this already. I have never done either of these and I am seeing that is the challenge, to work on designs that are new to you. I am ready, here I go, thanks for the opportunity to excell. Looks like I am lucky number 13 this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you three had a great time, and the ATC is delicious! I did a great big sigh with this challenge... Pea-nuckle is always a tough one for me. Hey though, that's what is so great about what you do! Challenge us! I know you have already had Thanksgiving, but I am Thankful here in the States this week for what you bring to my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Delicious" is exactly how I'd describe the beautiful ATC, too :) :)

      Delete
  11. What a fun CZT get-together! Love you tile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has been awhile since I have taken the time - thanks for still doing this! It truly is a wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. darth maul is pretty awesome! but that precious little bunny is smooshy, squeezy, huggably adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya! I'm glad you did these two tangles. They're a CHALLENGE!! And now I know to double check my privacy settings -- (ugh! Haha!). We were happily on our honeymoon last week! Anywho, I'm #47. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome challenge, thank you! I actually had the courage to try and vary a tangle! Unheard of for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Between a problem with time, and a problem with PEA-NUCKLE, I probably won't get to do this week's challenge. But I wanted to let you know that I received my prize today. And what a prize it is! I can't wait to try all these luscious pens. Thank you again, Laura. I'll report back after I've given them a good test.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Challenge doesn't begin to describe what this one has been.
    I've been trying pea-knuckle unsuccessfully since Molly demonstrated at seminar this summer
    Finally got a clue by watching Chris Latourneau's great video clip by clip. www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1diFbmg4eg&feature=youtu.be
    The version of "Well"' I used is by Helen Williams. www.alittlelime.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/wall-dot-grid-ran...
    Oh, well...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was challenged as"well" - not overly crazy about how it turned out, but I appreciate the push to practice these two tangles. Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello ! I just discovered zentangle, and first of all, I want to thank you, Laura (and other CZT) to share this art with us. I really enjoy it, it's so peacefull. For the challenge, I worked on a traditional sized tile where I draw a string pattern to change black and white each time there was a line. (I hope I make sense, because I don't speak english fluently).

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!